In celebration of National Popcorn Day, SCENE card holders can get a complimentary bag of Cineplex’s signature popcorn.
You may like: Family Friendly Movies in Winter
On Sunday, January 19, 2020, SCENE members can visit any one of Cineplex’s 165 theatres from coast-to-coast and scan their membership card or barcode on the SCENE app at the concession counter to get your complimentary bag of popcorn. Last year, Cineplex served more than 300 million kernels of popcorn on National Popcorn Day. The offer is valid for one small bag of popcorn per SCENE member and cannot be combined with any other concession offers, combos or promotions.
Cineplex dishes out two kinds of popcorn — the regular white ‘Snowflake’ popcorn and ‘Mushroom’ popcorn with toppings like Jalapeño & cheese, Chicago mix, and chocolate drizzled caramel.
Some popping facts:
The world’s oldest known popper was designed around 300 AD, with the first popcorn machine making its debut more than 1,500 years later at the World’s Fair in Chicago in 1893.
Cineplex pops roughly 29 billion popcorn kernels over the course of a year. If laid end-to-end, that’s enough popcorn to:
- Climb the CN Tower in Toronto (ON) nearly one million times
- Climb the Calgary Tower in Calgary (AB) nearly three million times
- Climb the Peace Tower in Ottawa (ON) nearly six million times
- Climb the Notre-Dame Basilica in Montreal (QC) over nine million times
- Pass Confederation Bridge in Prince Edward Island over 42,000 times