The new 40,000 sq. ft Food District of Mississauga‘s Square One will open on April 1, 2019. One of the most productive shopping centres in North America, Square One has a sales per square foot of $1,086 and growing.
The space will transform into an authentic experience for foodie tourists and locals alike with local, handmade, and high-quality foods.
The space will include District Kitchen, an interactive demonstration space housing cooking classes, dinner parties, corporate and other special events.
You may like:
New eateries and merchants include Chocollata Gourmet Brigadeiros, Blackjack BBQ, Plancha Spanish cooking, BRØD Danish pastry house, and more. Local, handmade, and high-quality foods such as mouth-watering sultry pies from The Pie Commission, authentic Italian pasta from Dal Moro’s Pasta, and gourmet chips from Craft Chippery will also open at the new space.
FOOD MERCHANTS AT THE FOOD DISTRICT
- Arvinda’s – Purveyors of easy-to-use, pre-packaged Indian spice blends.
- Bake Three Fifty – Build-your-own cupcakes, ice cream sandwiches and milkshakes.
- Blackjack BBQ – Best known for its Sweet Whisky Pork Ribs and Dinosaur Beef Ribs.
- Blossom Moments – Gorgeous bouquets, with arrangements for any occasion.
- BRØD – Delicious and authentic Danish pastry house.
- Craft Chippery – Where fresh, gourmet chips are made right in front of your eyes.
- Chocollata Gourmet – Specializing in Brazilian brigadeiros.
- Dal Moro’s Pasta – Authentic pasta, made from scratch.
- Hale Coffee – Toronto-based specialty coffee roaster.
- Kingston Olive Oil Co. – Quality cooking oils, such as roasted almond and black truffle.
- La Carnita – Finest, to-go Mexican food.
- MidiCi – Authentic Neapolitan pizza maker.
- Pier 87 Fish Market & Grill – Providing top quality, sustainable seafood.
- Plancha – Original, open-flamed Spanish cooking.
- Seed to Sausage – Charcuterie plate master, providing locally made, artisanal cured meats.
- Sugar King Factory – Destination for candy, chocolate and anything sweet.
- Sweet Jesus – Delicious ice cream shop with experiential flavour options.
- Tao Tea Leaf – Providing over 180 varieties of tea.
- The Box Donut – The finest and most decadent donuts.
- The Macaroon Boutique – Picture-perfect French desserts.
- The Pie Commission – Sultry, mouth-watering pies such as Beef’n Beer and Butter Chicken.
- Village Juicery – The go-to, cold-pressed juice destination.
To cater for the new expansion, Square one will be holding a career fair on March 1 & 2.
You may like: