Tim Hortons’ annual Roll Up the Rim To Win® contest it getting a makeover, with the popular chain adding a combination of paper,and digital way to play this year’s contest.
The 35th annual Roll Up The Rim To Win® starts on March 11 and runs for four weeks – until April 7.
Free Reusable Cup Giveaway on March 10
To kick off the month-long contest, Tim Hortons will give out 1.8 million reusable hot beverage cups (while supplies last) for free starting on March 10.
You may like:
2020 Roll Up the Rim To Win® Prizes
- Over 17 million coffee and food prizes, including NEW Dream Donuts
- 45,000 $25 TimCards
- 200 Samsung 55″ NU6900 Smart 4K UHD TVs
- 150 $1,000 CIBC Prepaid Cards
- 100 40,000 AIR MILES® Reward Miles – enough for a trip for two
- 10 2020 Hyundai IONIQ Electric or Hybrid Vehicles
- NEW four draws of $100,000 – Please Play Again is Replaced with 4 x $100,000 Draws:If you don’t win a prize when revealing a digital roll, you will be entered into one of four $100,000 draws. To be eligible, you must scan your registered Tims Rewards card when purchasing a hot beverage and reveal a non-winning digital roll. Paper cups that do not reveal a prize will encourage guests to use the Tim Hortons app next time for their chance to win $100,000.
How to Play Roll Up the Rim To Win® 2020
Buying a Hot Beverage
Weeks 1 and 2
Roll Up The Rim paper cup only
1 roll (on cup)
Roll Up The Rim paper cup + Tim Hortons app
2 rolls (cup + app)
Weeks 3 and 4
Regular paper cup + Tim Hortons app
1 roll (on the app)
All 4 weeks
Reusable cup + Tim Hortons app
3 rolls (on the app)
If you purchase a hot beverage in a reusable cup or mug, you will receive three digital rolls for all four weeks of the contest.
- Roll Up the Rim Cups: Physical Roll Up the Rim cups will be available in participating restaurants across Canada – for the first two weeks of the contest, while supplies last.
- Playing Digitally: When ordering a hot beverage, registered Tims Rewards members who scan their card or app will receive a digital roll in the Tim Hortons app or online. For the first two weeks of the contest, you will get two rolls when ordering a hot beverage when they scan their Tims Rewards card – one on the cup and one on the app. For the last two weeks of the contest, Roll Up the Rim can only be played on the app or online. If a non-registered Tims Rewards card is scanned, the rolls will accumulate on the card, and can be accessed when the card is registered. Unregistered Tims Rewards members have until April 21 to register their card to be able to reveal digital rolls.
Tim Hortons, has recently has announced that from February 26, 2020, Tims Rewards will evolve to a points-based program. There is also a special 2x points promotion for registered members from February 26, 2020 to March 18, 2020.