Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, so it is time to start thinking about what you and your special someone are going to do this year to celebrate this day for love. Here are few ideas to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Ottawa.
For more ideas, also see Things to do this weekend in Ottawa
Tinder Tales: A “Not-So-Valentine’s” Show
Tinder Tales is the show where comedians share their own real dating disaster stories and inspired comedy live on stage. As seen at Just For Laughs with over 250 sold-out shows across Canada. In honour of heart month, a portion of ticket sales will be in support of Heart & Stroke. Details
Thursday February 13, 2020 | 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Overflow Brewing Company, 2477 Kaladar Avenue Ottawa
Underneath the Harlem Moon
Celebrate Valentine’s Day speakeasy style as we take you back to the creative wonderland of the Harlem Renaissance. You’re in for a night of entertainment celebrating many artistic disciplines from burlesque to spoken word to music and beyond! Settle in for dinner, drinks and a show with a date or your friends and get ready for a night that fuses vintage glamour with a modern sensibility all its own! Details
Friday February 14th – Dinner at 6:30 PM, Show from 8 PM
Cafe Nostalgica, 601 Cumberland St, Ottawa
Valentine’s Partner Yoga with Melissa Delaney
This is a fun class designed for all levels. No experience required. Just a sense of humour!! Details
Friday February 14, 2020 | 7- 9 PM
Prana Shanti Yoga Center, 52 Armstrong Street Ottawa
$60 per couple.
Valentine’s Day Cocktails, Classic Hollywood Style!
Looking for something different to do this Valentine’s Day? Step back in time and enjoy the romance and ambience of Classic Hollywood! Let Camille Hopper-Naud of Coupe & Mixer take you into the world of 3 classic Hollywood films by teaching you how to make the cocktails they made famous. Enjoy the tastes, sights and sounds of Breakfast at Tiffany’s, The Thin Man and, of course, Casablanca. Details
Friday, February 14th, 2020 | 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Chapters Rideau, 47 Rideau Street, Ottawa
$75/person (+ tax & service fees)
He Loves Oysters, You Love Scotch. Let’s Shuck!
Enjoy a cozy evening sampling our Oysters with Scotch. A fantastic pairing. The briny, peaty character of the Isla single malt brings out a sweetness in the oyster, while the latter adds a salty touch to the whisky. Bring your honey to Montgomery Scotch Lounge for a romantic, low-key evening!
Friday, February 14, 2020 | 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Montgomery Scotch Lounge, 1154 Bank Street, Ottawa
Twist to Latin Beats!
Looking for something fun to do with your date or a friend? Check outthe Valentine’s Date Night Package of Ottawa Bachata Festival! The package include: 2 beginner level workshops, VIP seating for Friday night shows, Social dancing, 2 drink tickets and entry into a raffle.
Friday February 14, 2020
LabO, 60 Waller Street, Ottawa
$84.00 for 2
Nerf Gun Battling!
Try something different this Valentine’s Day! Join us for a fun night of Nerf Gun Battling, food, glow paint and drinks at GlowSport Ottawa.
Friday, February 14, 2020 | 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
GlowSport Ottawa West, 2437 Kaladar Avenue, Ottawa
The Grand Ice Bar
Friday, February 14, 2020 | 04:00 PM to 9:00 PM
The Grand, 74 George Street, Ottawa
Copper on Ice
Through February 16, 2020 | 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Copper Spirits and Sights, 325 Dalhousie Street Andaz Ottawa
Atomic Love – A Touring Wine and Cheese Tasting
Saturday February 15th, 2020 | 7 PM– 10:30 PM
Diefenbunker, Canada’s Cold War Museum
3929 Carp Road
$70 per person, $45 for designated driver
Through February 17, 2020
Various Venues, Ottawa
Free & ticketed events
Take in a live performance!
- Max Amini Presents: VALENTINE’S TO THE MAX: Through an array of eccentric impressions and novel storytelling, Max’s 2020 Tour delivers a strong message about family ties, cultural trappings, and social topics.
- “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time”: Follow 15-year-old Christopher as he tries to solve the mystery of who murdered Wellington.
- undercurrents festival: Choose a show from this winter theatre festival shows the best original, contemporary theatre being created by Ottawa performers and visiting artists.
- Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner: In 1960s San Francisco, the values of liberal, open-minded parents are put to the test when their daughter arrives home with her fiancé, Dr. John Prentice – handsome, wealthy, brilliant…. and black.
- 9 to 5: The Musical: Set to the music of Dolly Parton, relive the 1980s in this delightful story of friendship and revenge in the workplace.
- Maybe I’m Amazed – The Music of Paul and Linda: Maybe I’m Amazed is a musical that tells the story of Paul and Linda McCartney through the music they created together.
- 6 Guitars: See one man transform into six guitar playing stars! This show is a blend of music, comedy, and characters that will engage and excite every member of the audience.
- Goodyear Cello Concerto: The NAC Orchestra’s principal cellist Rachel Mercer performs Goodyear’s Cello Concerto, composed especially for her.
4 Course Dinner For Two – Take-Home Package
Take-Home Four-Course Dinner For Two.
Includes: Long Stem Red Rose, Scented Candle, Reheat Instructions, Zolas Fresh Semolina Dinner Rolls
February 8 to 13, 2020
Zolas Restaurant, 2194 Robertson Road, Nepean
4 Course Dinner For Two for ONLY $69
Dinner at a Romantic Restaurant
- Valentine’s Day Dinner & Beer Pairing: Valentine’s Day Dinner & Beer Pairing with Chef Diana of Euro Bites. 4 course meal paired with 4 Covered Bridge Beers. Friday, February 14, 2020, 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM @ Covered Bridge Brewing, 119 Iber Road #6, Ottawa
- Valentine’s Day at Savoy Brasserie: An evening that will leave you feeling in love and floating away on cloud nine. Experience hundreds of balloons suspended from the classic French haut plafond (High ceilings). Each balloon hangs unique Valentine’s for guests to leave with. Friday, February 14, 2020, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM @ The Savoy Brasserie, 334 Richmond Road, Ottawa.
- Valentines Day Dinner at Aquatopia Water Garden Conservatory: There are plenty of fish in the sea but only the right one is worth sharing a pond with. Cozy up with your date beside a stunning koi-filled pond, dine with elegance in our glorious greenhouse, and take a spin across our dance floor under the star-filled night sky, all while surrounded by a warm, glass-enclosed splendour. Friday, February 14, 2020, 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM @ Aquatopia Water Garden Conservatory, 2710 March Road, Ottawa
According to OpenTable these are the best romantic restaurants in Ottawa area. (2019 & 2020)
Restaurants with Valentine’s Day offers:
- Valentine’s 3 Course Table D’Hote: 3 Course Dinner, February 14 to 16, 2020 @ Zolas Restaurant, 2194 Robertson Road, Nepean for $55
- Perspectives Restaurant – Brookstreet Hotel: Treat your Valentine with a special 6-course menu at Perspectives Restaurant for $105.
- Wilfrid’s Restaurant — Fairmont Château Laurier: 5-course menu with optional wine pairing
- The Soca Kitchen: A multi course tapas style Table D’Hote $70 pp. Our menu will offer vegetarian / gluten free options on every course.
- Carben Restaurant: A blind 5-course tasting menu will only be available for the evening. ($85/pp)
- The Vanitea Room a Tea Salon and Eatery: Galentines Day Brunch on Feb 14 & 15.
- The Albion Rooms: Special 6 course tasting menu available. All plates to share. $150 per couple or $250 with a wine pairing.
- Common Eatery: Special Menu for the day.
- Alice Restaurant: 6 course Valentine’s Day menu at $125 per person.
- Fauna: Four course Valentine’s menu will be priced at $95 per person plus tax and gratuity.
- North and Navy: Four course table d’hôte menu at 85$/person.
- Tulip: Romantic 4-course dinner for two includes a stay at Hilton Garden Inn for $139.95.
Or plan for an Afternoon tea at Zoe’s located at Fairmont Château Laurier.
GO for an enchanted evening skate
Enjoy an enchanting evening of torchlit skating for two at the RiverOak Ice Skating Trail and skate through an apple orchard! Ticket includes skating for two, 4 tacos to share and hot chocolate.
February 14, 2020 | 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM @RiverOak, 2900 York’s Corners Road, Ottawa | $50.85
Go for an evening skate along the Rideau Canal Skateway (free) – open 24 hours.
On Saturday, enjoy a dance party on the Ice – a roving DJ booth will make its way from the Dows Lake Pavilion to Waverley Street, and back.
Snowshoeing/Cross Country Skiing
If the weather is favourable, plan a night out snowshoeing in Gatineau Park or explore SJAM Trail.
You can also join for a guided snowshoe hike with a Friends of Gatineau Park nature interpreter on Friday night.
Rejuvenate through spa treatments and massages with cozy spa getaways!