Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, so it is time to start thinking about what you and your special someone are going to do this year to celebrate this day for love. Here are few ideas to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Ottawa.
For more ideas, also see Things to do this weekend in Ottawa
1. Take in a live performance
- Chopin’s Piano Concerto No. 2: Enjoy an evening with David Fray — the pianist who is making waves for his ability to contrast explosive, muscular moments on the keyboard with sweet and fading sentimentality. February 13 & 14, 2019 | 8:00 PM @ NAC
- Le songe d’une nuit d’été: A romantic romp in an enchanted forest on a midsummer night. Shakespeare at his most comical, imaginative and agile. A lively and energetic re-telling directed by Olivier Normand, featuring acrobats from the Flip FabriQue circus troupe. February 13 to 16, 2019 @ NAC
- Cabaret: Take in this musical based on a 1939 novel by Christopher Isherwood and a 1951 play by John Van Druten. Cliff Bradshaw, an American author working on a novel in Berlin, encounters Sally Bowles at the seedy Kit Kat Klub where she sings. When she is fired by the club’s owner, also her jealous boyfriend, she moves in with Cliff and the two fall in love. February 14 to 23 @ Meridian Theatres @ Centrepointe
- Mozart’s Don Giovanni: Join UOttawa musicians for Mozart’s opera, Don Giovanni, a comic tragedy about the playboy, Don Juan, and his eventual demise. Sung in Italian with English dialogues, this opera is perfect for Valentine’s Day (whether you’re single or taken)! February 14 to 16 @ Huguette Labelle Hall, Tabaret, 550 Cumberland Street
- undercurrents festival: Enjoy one of the performances held during the undercurrents festival produced by Ottawa Fringe.The festival shows the best original, contemporary theatre being created by Ottawa performers and visiting artists.February 6 to 16 @ Arts Court Theatre
2. Dinner at a Romantic Restaurant
According to OpenTable these are the best romantic restaurants in Ottawa area.
- North and Navy (Three course table d’hôte at 65$ per person for Valentine’s Day)
- Oz Kafe
- Restaurant e18hteen
- The Shore Club
- Sur Lie Ottawa
Restaurants with Valentine’s Day offers:
- Perspectives Restaurant – Brookstreet Hotel: Treat your Valentine with a special 6-course menu at Perspectives Restaurant for $95!
- The Savoy Brasserie: $39/person for a Prix Fixe table D’hote menu.
- Wilfrid’s Restaurant — Fairmont Château Laurier: 5-course menu with optional wine pairing
- Milestones Grill + Bar – Lansdowne Park: Join for a decadent evening of great food with someone special and enjoy our $50 3-Course Prix Fixe Valentine’s Menu from February 13 – February 17. Our regular menu is also available, except on Feb 14.
- Good Eats Café: $75 (tax and gratuity excluded) you will get 4 food courses by Good Eats Chef Matt Flower and 4 glasses of wine carefully chosen, paired and presented by sommelier, Martin Carney
- La Roma Restaurant: Join for a lovely 3-course table d’hote dinner on Valentine’s Day.
- Carben Restaurant: Special menu for $75 plus tax and gratuity per person
- The Soca Kitchen: An exquisite 6 course tasting tapas menu, that will take your tastebuds travelling to Spain and Latin America for one evening.
- Milestones Grill + Bar – Sussex: Join for a decadent evening of great food with someone special and enjoy our $50 3-Course Prix Fixe Valentine’s Menu from February 13 – February 17. Our regular menu is also available, except on Feb 14.
- Clarendon: Join us for Valentines Day at the Clarendon! Our cozy, candle lit dining room is the perfect place to host your date for an intimate dinner. Chef Dave Godsoe is preparing an app, dinner and dessert feature. We offer several vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options. LOVE IS LOVE
- Tulip: special four course Valentines Menu only for $59.95 per person.
- Milestones Grill + Bar – Pinecrest: Join us for a decadent evening of great food with someone special and enjoy our $50 3-Course Prix Fixe Valentine’s Menu from February 13 – February 17. Our regular menu is also available, except on Feb 14.
- Milestones Grill + Bar – Kanata Centrum: Join us for a decadent evening of great food with someone special and enjoy our $50 3-Course Prix Fixe Valentine’s Menu from February 13 – February 17. Our regular menu is also available, except on Feb 14.
- Taj Indian Cuisine: special buffet dinner on February 14th.
Or plan for an Afternoon tea at Zoe’s located at Fairmont Château Laurier.
- The Debaters: Hosted by Steve Patterson, international headliner and two-time winner of Canada’s Best Male Standup, The Debaters is a combustible mix of sharply-crafted comedic rants and hilarious adlibs. February 12 & 13 @ Meridian Theatres @ Centrepointe.
- The Relationship Show: Yuk Yuk’s Ottawa is hosting a special show by Rob Pue for Valentine’s day on Feb 14.
4. Atomic Love – A Touring Wine and Cheese Tasting
Come explore the depths of the Diefenbunker on a guided tour with wine and cheese! While touring, you’ll stop at different locations to sample delectable cheeses and wine pairings. Nothing says I love you, like exploring a Bunker with wine and cheese and your main squeeze! Saturday February 16th, 2019 @ Diefenbunker
5. Make Something!
Create something crafty together for valentine’s day! You can either watch a youtube DIY video, buy supplies from craft/food store and create something – you can easily plan a meal cooked from scratch, paint or plant night for less or join for these classes held on Feb 14 with your sweetheart:
- Crystal Terrarium Workshop – Heart Edition @ Planet Botanix, 301 Bank Street, Ottawa: Learn how to make your own crystal terrarium with succulents and crystals! In this workshop you will build your own terrarium and we’ll work with crystals related to matters of the heart and themes such as unconditional love, relationships, and compassion.
- Love in in the Paint @ Canterbury Community Center, 2185 Arch Street, Ottawa: Create a risqué masterpiece with the help of a local artist!
- Join for a cooking class: Show how much you care by bringing your loved one to this romantic evening of decadent dishes, or come alone and learn how to create this delightful dinner at home for your special Valentine.
6. GO for an enchanted evening skate
Enjoy an enchanting evening of torchlit skating for two at the RiverOak Ice Skating Trail and skate through an apple orchard! Treat your partner to a night out under the stars and a cuddle by the the fire. Then enjoy a delicious pizza around the fire from The Metcalfe Fare. There’ll be lights, music, and more!
Thu, 14 February 2019 | 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM @ 2900 York’s Corners Road, Ottawa | $40 — Includes skating passes for 2, a medium 2 topping pizza to share, hot chocolate, and water (tickets).
Go for an evening skate along the Rideau Canal Skateway (free) – open 24 hours.
7. CHUCK A PUCK for Heart&Stroke
Do something good! Join the Heart & Stroke Foundation alongside the Ottawa 67’s as they play host to the Hamilton Bulldogs. For every tickets purchased, the Ottawa 67’s will donate $10 back to the Heart & Stroke Foundation Ottawa.
8. Go Snowshoeing/Cross Country Skiing
If the weather is favourable, plan a night out snowshoeing in Gatineau Park or explore SJAM Trail.
You can also join for a guided snowshoe hike with a Friends of Gatineau Park nature interpreter on Friday night.
9. Winterlude/Ottawa Winter Brewfest
Or Taste more than 100 craft beers beers from across Ontario and Quebec and treat yourself to delicious gourmet dishes and taffy on snow while dancing around our bonfire to the sound of local DJs at Ottawa Winter Brewfest.
10. Spa/Valentine Getaway
Rejuvenate through spa treatments and massages with cozy spa getaways!