Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, so it is time to start thinking about what you and your special someone are going to do this year to celebrate this day for love. Here are few ideas to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Ottawa.
For more ideas, also seeThings to do this weekend in Ottawa.
Valentine’s Day Dinner
You know the old saying, a way to someone’s heart is through their stomach! If cooking isn’t your forte, let the wonderful restaurants of Ottawa take the lead!
For Valentine’s Day this year, dazzle your date with a top-notch dinner from one of the many wonderful restaurants of Ottawa. Canada’s capital city food scene is exciting, a delightful fusion of old and new, vibrant and fresh. We’ve collated 25 options to impress your Valentine this year.
Valentin’s Day Gifts
Is your love language gift giving? If you have been wondering what’s available in the city of Ottawa to spoil your special someone, there are plenty of amazing options ready for Valentine’s Day! From individually packaged meals for a whole week from Culinary Conspiracy to flowers and sweet treats, here are 25 options for the perfect gift.
Valentine’s Day Virtual Brewmaster’s Dinner
All you need is love (and a chef-created meal) this Valentine’s Day, so join us for a four-course CRAFT Virtual Valentine’s Day Brewmaster’s Dinner!
Order your Brewmaster’s Dinner and join us via Zoom on Feb. 14th for a virtual dinner and drink experience.
Sunday, February 14, 2021, 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM
CRAFT Beer Market Ottawa, 975 Bank Street, Ottawa
He Likes Oysters, You Like Scotch, Lets Shuck!
Celebrate this Valentine’s Day with the best pairing out there – just like you and your partner – oysters and scotch!
A fantastic pairing. The briny, peaty character of the Islay single malt brings out a sweetness in the oyster, while the latter adds a salty touch to the whisky. One comes from the sea, one comes from near the sea. They are made for each other – just like you!
February 13 & 14, 2021, 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Montgomery Scotch Lounge, 1154 Bank Street, Ottawa
Be My Valentine Bash
Searching for a valentine? The perfect opportunity to find a virtual companion! All the fun and efficiency of in-person speed dating events brought to your doorstep. Why wait to hear back from potential matches on traditional apps and websites when you can meet a group of singles just like yourself, all from the comfort of your living room. A lovely host to guide you through your virtual event, there to assist you with anything or anyone.
Sunday, February 14, 2021, 7:00 PM to S 9:00 PM
Enjoy Beethoven Septet concert by TSO. The concert is the only complete movement from the String Trio in B‑flat Major, D. 471, by Schubert, a devoted disciple of Beethoven’s, and a Ludwig-inspired reorchestration for septet of TSO RBC Affiliate Composer Emilie LeBel’s woodwind quintet, Haareis auf Morschem Holz (hair ice on rotten wood), round out the program.
Available Friday, February 12–Thursday, March 4, 2021
Valentine’s Day with Jill Barber
This Valentine’s Day Jill Barber invites you to make an occasion out of staying home. A celebration of love in all its forms, enjoy an intimate serenade by Jill and her band, featuring her best-loved torch songs, moody heartbreak ballads, steamy love songs and classic french chansons. Presented by the National Arts Centre and live streamed with love from The Vancouver East Cultural Centre’s Historic Theatre directly to your home, this is your chance to get dressed up- or buttoned down, dim the lights, put something refreshing on ice, pair it with a favourite meal and settle in for an evening of sultry and classic love songs with Canada’s sweetheart.
Sun, Feb 14 | 8:00 PM – 9:15 PM
$17.93 – $41.39
Go for an enchanted evening skate
Enjoy an enchanting evening of torchlit skating for two at theRiverOak Ice Skating Trailand skate through an apple orchard! Ticket includes skating for two, 4 tacos to share and hot chocolate.
February 14, 2020 | 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM @RiverOak, 2900 York’s Corners Road, Ottawa | $50.85
Go for an evening skate along the Rideau Canal Skateway (free) – open 24 hours.
Snowshoeing/Cross Country Skiing
If the weather is favourable, plan a night out snowshoeing in Gatineau Park or explore SJAM Trail.
See Some Movies
- Black History Month Movies: Theatre giant Cineplex is celebrating Black History Month by offering a curated collection of more than 100 films across Canada. This collection of important films was curated to elevate Black history, artists and filmmakers and spark discussion. Watch Hidden Figures, Selma, John Lewis Good Trouble & more. February 1 to 28 @ Online.
- Toronto Black Film Festival: The ninth edition of the TBFF offers 134 titles from 25 countries. February 10-21, 2021 @ Online
- TIFF Next Wave Film Festival: You can get down at Battle of the Scores and the Opening Night Party, join a chat with Finn Wolfhard, binge on a Movie Marathon guaranteed to be A Trip, catch virtual screenings of brand new films (free for anyone under 25), and more! February 12 to 15 @ Online
Free Things to Do to Celebrate Valentine’s Day
- Fish Ontario Licence Free: Do you like winter fishing? Enjoy fishing for free in waters around Ottawa.
- Enjoy going for a walk with your loved one. There are plenty of places where you can enjoy a lovely walk in Ottawa.
- Check out some of these outdoor activities available in and around Ottawa.