About Arts Commons, Calgary
Erstwhile Epcor centre, Art Commons is a multi-venue arts centre in downtown Calgary. It conducts 1800 plus performances and events each year and is home to five theatres and the world-class Jack Singer Concert Hall.
Epcor Centre was renamed Arts Commons in mid December 2014.
The resident companies of the centre are
1. Alberta Theatre Projects – produces plays relevant to contemporary life.
2. The Calgary International Children’s Festival – holds arts festival that presents professional theatre, music and dance for young audiences.
3. The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra – Average of five distinctive performances each month ranging in style from classical giants to family favourites and rock ‘n’ roll hits.
4. CKUA radio network – The Afternoon Edition, Folk Routes, Wide Cut Country, Fire on the Mountain and the weekday news is broadcast from the centre.
5. Downstage – Theatre that explores socially or politically-charged themes.
6. One Yellow Rabbit – Produces original plays that are noted for their intricate physicality and originality, and OYR also produces the High Performance Rodeo, Calgary’s International Festival of the Arts.
7. Springboard – Producing and presenting physical contemporary creation for stage and screen
8. Theatre Calgary – Theatre
The Epcor centre is the venue for events such as BD&P World Music Series, Carma Acoustic Blues Series etc.
What to do at Arts Commons, Calgary?
Things to do at Epcor Centre
If you just have an evening in Calgary, this is the place to be. There areplenty of events to chose from on any given day, including live theatre, dance, spoken word and readings, children’s events, experimental theatre, art exhibits, sporting events and competition, award ceremonies and concerts ranging from symphonic music to jazz, folk, blues, and rock.
The Epcor Centre also hold summer camps (summer act) for children and teens ,and arts education for the public.
Who all can go and enjoy ? – There is something for everybody depending on the event/performance chosen.
How to get to Arts Commons?
Arts Commons location and directions
Located in the Olympic Plaza Cultural District in downtown Calgary, the Epcor Centre is accessible by Calgary transit downtown C-train 201 & 202 with stop number 6830. Bus routes 7, 24 , 30, 117 with stop number 8449, route 9 with stop number 5083,route 24 with stop number 6861, route 305 with stop number 9824 are some of the options. Check Calgary transit before traveling for any change and closures.
It is also connected to plus 15 walkway system, in the same section of City Hall and Glenbow Museum.
Epcor Centre Box Office Location- Centre Court at 225 8 Ave SE
How much to visit Arts Commons?
Arts Commons Admission/ Rates
Rates according to the event/performance.
Type of payments accepted – Visa, MasterCrad, Amex, Debit card, Interac
When to visit Arts Commons?
Arts Commons Hours
Concert/event time varies.
Epcor Centre Box Office timing
Walk-up Hours : Monday – Saturday: 10am – 6pm & Sunday and Holidays: Closed
Call Centre Hours : Monday – Friday: 9am – 8pm;Saturday: 10am – 6pm;Sundays: closed;Holidays: 12pm – 4pm
How long will it take to visit Epcor Centre?
Time Required to Visit Epcor Centre – 1 hours to 3 hours-depending on performances.
What about Amenities, Access & Parking at Arts Commons?
Restrooms. Gift shops.
Wheel chair accessible
Parking-Undergroundpaid parking is available at Epcor Centre, situated at 829 Macleod Trail SE. The entrance is between 9th & 8th Avenues; accessible from the far left lane of Macleod Trail northbound.
Contact information of resident companies
1. Alberta Theatre Projects- www.atplive.com Ph:403.294.7402
General Inquiries : 9:30am – 5pm Monday to Friday
After Hours & Weekends:403.294.7433
Box Office :403.294.9494
2. The Calgary International Children’s Festival – www.calgarychildfest.org
Box Office -403.294.9494
Festival School Box Office – 403.294.7482
General Inquiries – 403.294.74143.
3. The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra- www.cpo-live.com
Box Office : 403.571.0849
General Inquiries : 403.571.0270
4. CKUA – www.ckua.com
General Inquiries 403.266.5566
5. Downstage -www.downstage.ca
General Inquiries 403.294.7459
Box Office 403.294.9494
6. One Yellow Rabbit – www.oyr.org
Box Office 403.294.9494
General Inquiries 403.294.7411
7. Springboard -www.springboardperformance.com
General Inquiries – 403.265.3230
8. Theatre Calgary -www.theatrecalgary.com
Box Office – 403.294.9494
General Inquiries -403.294.7447
Max Bell Theatre, 240 9 Ave SE, Calgary
Date: November 28, 2019 To December 28, 2019
Timing: 12:00 AM To 11:59 PM