About Billyco Junction Gardens Lacombe, Alberta
Billyco Junction is a working family farm offering a Community Supported Agriculture – CSA vegetable and fruit delivery program serving central Alberta from Calgary to Edmonton. A lovely place for an outdoor country wedding or family reunion.A chance to get in the country to pick some berries or just have a relaxing time with your friends and family. Our aim is to share what we have developed over the last 30 years.
What to do at Billyco Junction Gardens?
Attractions and things to do at Billyco Junction Gardens
Enjoy picking a number of organic berries and fruitsincluding strawberries, raspberries, saskatoon berries, black currants and honeyberries.
Take a leisurely walk through out the grounds; enjoy a number of native trees, birds and wild life. Let the children play at the playground, while enjoying a beverage on the veranda or at a number of picnic tables.
Host a birthday party, business meeting, crafting session or work shop in The Honeyberry Cafe and veranda.
Hold an outdoor country wedding or family reunionon the beautiful grounds.
Join the annual Easter Egg Hunt, Kite Flying Days and other farm events.
Explore our mazes through different crops.
Enjoy a farm stay at our Bed and Breakfast,The Honeyberry Inn.
Who will enjoy the attraction the best?
Couples and Families who love to have a farm to visit to get away from the noise and busyness of city life. Anyone who enjoys nature, picking fruits or needing to get recharged or take a restful break.
When to visit Billyco Junction Gardens?
The country wedding venue, the bed and breakfast and cafe are open for bookings year round.
U pick season from late June for the honeyberries to October for fall strawberries.
Billyco Junction Gardens Hours / Timing
May and June, September and October : 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
July and August :
Tuesday , Wednesday, Thursday: 1:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday : 09:00 AM – 07:30 PM
Summer Weekends : 9:00 AM to 7:30 PM.
Fall & Winter – Monday – Friday : 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
If you need earlier time to enter the u pick gardens other than what is stated, please call for an appointment.
Best time to visit the Gardens
Week days are less busier than the weekends.
How much will it cost to visit Billyco Junction Gardens ?
Adults $5.00, Children $3.00 with children under two – free. (Discount on u pick items.)
Admission to the farm and special events are free or at a discounted rate to our CSA shareholders.
Types of payment accepted
Mastercard, Visa, Amex, Cash, Interac.
How to get to Billyco Junction Gardens?
Billyco Junction Gardens Directions & Location
Address: 40110 – Range Road 260, Lacombe
Go 8km East of Lacombe on Hwy.12 and then turn South on Prentiss Road (Range Road 26-0) for 4.4 km. that will bring you right to Billyco Junction Gardens driveway. All the roads are paved.
For directions, click on the map tab (in page directions) or click on the GPS coordinates.
Free parking is along the south/west fence in the yard, look for the parking signs.
What about Amenities & Accessibility at Billyco Junction Gardens?
Port-a-potties on the yard and washroom in the cafe.
Wheel chair accessible is not very favourable due to gravel and grass.
Dining & Accommodation:
The Honeyberry Cafe is open offering homemade soups, fresh garden salads, homemade breads and desserts.
Lunch is served from noon to closing each weekend and also on holiday Mondays. Reservations are appreciated.
Accommodation : The Honeyberry Inn offers one king size suite and one queen size loft with sitting room.
Call: 403 782-4263 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve
No pets allowed. Service / Guide animals are allowed.
Farm store for farm made preserves and related products.
Tips for a memorable trip
- Make it a social outing: Come with a friend(s), bring the children, bring a sitter along for younger children, than you can visit and pick and they can have fun at the playground/maze. Bring your camera and a picnic lunch on days the cafe is not open.
- Clothing: Wear loose comfortable clothing such as long sleeved shirt and pants that you don’t mind getting dirty, wear good walking shoes or boots. Bring a hat and sunglasses. Have layers with you on cooler days, it can be a lot cooler or breezy in the country away from the protection of buildings.
- You can bring your own containers, just have them weighed before you start to pick. Containers are also supplied, if required.
- Bring a cooler with ice packs to keep your produce cool for the trip home. Berries store better unwashed. Don’t wash until immediately before use. Store in fridge in swallow containers, loosely covered. Use within two or three days.
- Knee pads or something to sit on will help make picking more comfortable.
- Apply bug spray at home. Billyco Junction Gardens is a spray free farm. For the past two years, the farm had very little trouble with mosquitoes.
- Call ahead to make sure we have want you are looking for… don’t go home disappointed.
- Please be respectful of the farm property and follow any written or verbal instructions that you are given.