We have 33 different plays this year! That’s 33 unique experiences in 231 performances available for you to discover. That’s not including Fringe After Dark, buskers, musicians, and other street performers. Don’t forget about our hundreds of artisan and food vendors. Oh …and did we forget to mention that the Fringe takes place in the heart of Broadway? All of your favourite shops, bars, and eateries are open too!
This summer, we encourage you to step out of the familiar and take a chance! Try a new food. Randomly select a play and go see it. Allow yourself to wander, explore, and discover something brand new! Leave your regular life at the entrance and become an adventurer for the day. You never know, the spirit of the Fringe is contagious—you just might find a new passion or hobby, a delicious cuisine, or make new friends.
Come out and play after the play! We’ve packed 4 City Blocks with fun for all ages— from kiddies to foodies, we’ve got something for everyone! Expect amazing street performances, masterful musicians, and exciting programming.
Do you have a keen eye for unique items, handicrafts, and art for sale? Come and shop without the drop! With over 100 vendors and 20+ food vendors, you can refuel, recharge, and keep going!
Join us and discover the magic of Nutrien Fringe Theatre and Street Festival as 50,000 outdoor attendees turn Broadway Avenue into one of Saskatoon’s favourite summer festivals!
Who is it for?
Free admission to Street events;
Show ticket prices varies
How to get tickets?
- Tickets are available online until 9pm the day prior to the performance.
- On the day of the show tickets are only available at the door one hour prior to the show’s start.
- Box Office hours for July 30th and July 31st are 9:00am-5:00pm. Box Office hours from August 1st to August 10th will be 4:00pm to 9:00pm.
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time: August 1 – 10, 2019
Street Festival | Weekdays: 6:00pm – 10:00pm; Weekends (including the holiday Monday): 12:00pm – 10:00pm
Venue: Broadway District, Saskatoon
- Broadway Theatre: 715 Broadway Avenue
- Kinsmen Hall: 614 11th Street East
- Grace- Westminster Church: 505 10th Street (corner of 10th and Eastlake)
- Victoria School Gymnasium: facing 12th Street
- Maps available on the website and posted at every venue
Public transport accessible
The streets will be closed for traffic during the following times:
- Weekdays: 5:30 pm – 10:30 pm
- Weekends (including the holiday Monday): 11:30 pm – 10:30 pm
Where can we park?
- Find the parking restrictions map on our Festival Grounds page.
- From 8th Street to 14th Street and Lansdowne Avenue to Victoria Avenue are restricted to people with area parking passes (these passes are given out to the households by the city – not by us).
- ACCESSIBLE PARKING: The South side of 12th Street between Broadway and Dufferin Avenue and the West side of Dufferin Avenue between 12th Street and 11th Street against the playground have been designated as Disabled Parking. This is not the side in front of the houses.
- If there is no accessible parking available, please call our box office and we will help to arrange a parking spot for you. The number is: 306-221-2481.
- We recommend using downtown parking after 6pm and either walking up the bridge, taking the bus, or riding your bike. We will have a secure bike valet on the lawn at the front of the Victoria School. You may ride the bus for free if you have one a Fringe button.