Whether it’s a peaceful morning by the Farmer’s Market in Isinger Park or a gorgeous evening by the Chinese Pavilion in Victoria Park, Riversdale offers the perfect backdrop for our summer Qigong classes!
Join us on Tuesday and Thursday evenings by the Chinese Pavilion in Victoria Park. The Chinese Pavilion is directly south of Spadina Drive between Avenue C and D.
Qigong is an ancient Chinese exercise and healing technique that coordinates body posture and movement, breathing and meditation. People practice qigong throughout China and worldwide for recreation, exercise, relaxation, preventive medicine, self-healing, alternative medicine, meditation, self-cultivation and training for martial arts.
Each week we will practice a different Qigong form. Don’t worry if you don’t know any Qigong. We will walkthrough the entire form each night so you can come to one class or all the classes without falling behind. Here is the list of forms that we will study for the upcoming weeks.
June 1 -5- Ma Wang Dui
June 8 -12 – Ba Duan Jin
June 15 -19 – Yi Jin Jing
June 22 -26 – NO CLASSES
June 29 – July 3 – Wu Qin Xi
July 6 – 10 – Da Wu
July 13 -17 – Dragon and Tiger
July 20 -24 – Ma Wang Dui
July 27 -31- Ba Duan Jin
August 3 -7 – Yi Jin Jing
August 10 -14 – Wu Qin Xi
August 17 -21 – Da Wu
August 24 -28 – Dragon and Tiger
- Wear a mask to and from each class.
- Arrive early so that class may start on time without disruption.
- Talk to the instructor about pre-existing physical conditions before class.
- Qigong is best practiced in bare feet.
- You do not require a yoga mat, but you may bring water and sunscreen.
- Respect social distancing of 2 metres.
- Masks are not required during class if social distancing is respected.
- There will be no hands on adjustments, only vocal cues.
Who is it for?
Tickets : Free; Register
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time: Tuesday and Thursday, June – August 2021 | 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM @ Chinese Pavilion in Victoria Park, Riversdale
Saturdays | 10:00 AM @ Isinger Park – Across from The Banks
Venue & Address :
Chinese Pavilion in Victoria Park, Saskatoon
Isinger Park – Across from The Banks