Highlights of this year’s Fair include the “hypnotizingly” amazing Reveen, an immersive selfie- photo experience, a new star-studded lineup for the Summer Night Concerts series and the medieval-style Knights of Valour jousting show.
2019 Entertainment and Attractions
Summer Night Concerts Every night @ PNE Amphitheatre
PNE Fair goers will enjoy sensational performances this year featuring some of music history’s biggest names in Pop, Rock, and R&B.
The Summer Night Concerts will run every evening the Fair is open, starting on Saturday August 17th in the PNE Amphitheatre, and are FREE with admission.
The Superconscious Experience of Reveen @ Pacific Coliseum, Daily 7:30pm
It’s the man they call Reveen! The legend continues with this mesmerizing and hypnotic show featuring high-speed memory demonstrations and mystical showmanship. Now Tyrone Reveen is following in his father’s footsteps and continuing the family tradition. The Superconscious Experience allows audience members to become the stars in one of the wildest and funniest shows of illusion and hypnosis that has left millions of people crying with laughter all over the world.
Electric Fire – A Nightly Pyro Musical Finale @ Festival Park, 10:15pm
New this year! Join us for a nightly pyro musical finale where the skies will erupt with flying rockets, exploding fire, live performers and high-voltage intensity. It’s a 360 degree, live immersive show experience.
Snap Happy: A Do-It-Your-Selfie Experience @ Rollerland, Daily 11am to 11:00pm FREE with admission
Get snap happy at this massive pop-up pavilion filled with an interactive array of colorful installations and playful art exhibits. These visual spectacles are larger-than-life, memory-making moments. This free with admission walk through exhibit features numerous selfie sets, in a multisensory, immersive attraction.
Game Changer Exhibit – Discover the Evolution of Video Games @ Garden Auditorium, Daily 11am to 10:30pm FREE with admission
Get your game on! Discover how innovation has shaped the video game industry. Game Changers takes you on a fascinating journey, exploring the past and uncovering the future of gaming. Live the video game evolution, from memorable Pong to the photorealistic, immersive games of today.
Super Action Academy @ BCAA Toon City Stage, Daily
Created specifically for the PNE Fair, this exciting new show allows young fairgoers to have a chance to put on their superhero costume and join the action themselves. The Super Action Academy is a free, interactive show packed with music and action where our young Fair guests get to be the hero.
Blue’s Dance Party @ BCAA Toon City Stage, Daily
Come sing and dance with Blue the Bear and his friends in this interactive multimedia dance party!
Family Flix @ BCAA Toon City Stage, Daily
When the sun goes down, join us for your favourite family movies on the big screen nightly at Toon City. Bring a blanket, grab some popcorn and enjoy an outdoor movie night for the entire family.
The Revel District
Food, spectacular entertainment and mechanical bull riding — this newly reimagined zone at the PNE Fair might just be the best part of summer. The flavourful Revel District offers an amazing Mexican experience at the Corona Bar, I LOVE Churros, Los Tacos Hermanos and slushie margarita bar. Guests can also let their Western side loose with some traditional, charcoal grilled BBQ chicken and ribs from BBQ pit masters, a cold cocktail from the District Bar and some bull riding! Get ready to enjoy some of the best live entertainment the PNE Fair has to offer.
For the Love of Drag @ Revel District, Nightly
Want to see some of Vancouver’s drag superstars? Tuck Entertainment presents a menagerie of drag queens nightly on-stage serving outrageous looks and fierce performance to some of your favourite pop songs. Come experience these divine queens for yourself. If you’ve never been to a Drag show before, “For the Love of Drag” is the perfect chance to see what you’ve been missing.
Mike Wood Comedy @ Revel District, Daily
Canadian Comedian has been making audiences across Canada laugh since 1994. Starting as a street performer at outdoor festivals, Mike honed his craft and has become well-known for his smart and dry sense of humour, which he has performed in 13 countries around the globe.
Mama Lou, Strong Woman @ Revel District, Daily
The only Strong Woman performing in the Northern Hemisphere, Mama Lou dazzles audiences with her feats of strength and legendary sense of humour. But seeing apples be crushed by Mama Lou’s biceps, nails be driven into wood by her fists, or phonebooks ripped by her bare hands won’t be the only thing you come away with from the show.
The President’s Choice SuperDogs @ Pacific Coliseum, Daily 12:30pm; 2:30pm; 6:00pm
One of the most popular shows ever at the PNE Fair, the President’s Choice® SuperDogsTM presents Abracadabark for 2019. With a magician as your guide you’ll experience the magic of the SuperDogs.
PNE Prize Home @ Daily, West of Agrodome
British Columbia’s most affordable home lottery is back. One of the Fair’s most beloved attractions, the PNE Prize Home grand prize features a gorgeous 3,159 sq. foot luxurious farmhouse-style contemporary home that will eventually be relocated to Kelowna’s picturesque Kirschner Mountain. Prize Home tickets are available as follows: two tickets for $25, six tickets for $50, and 15 tickets for $100. The 2019 Grand Prize Home Package is valued at more than $2 million.
Knights of Valour @ Agrodome, Daily
Back by Popular demand for one more summer! With full contact, un-choreographed, real live jousting, Knights of Valour is a thrilling show of horsemanship, bravery and chivalry like you’ve never seen before.
Dueling Pianos @ Revel District Piano Bar, Nightly
Also back by popular demand, it’s Dueling Pianos! Every night, two piano players go head to head and raise the roof with great music. Request your favourite tune, sing along, raise a glass and hit the dance floor – it’s a stompin’ good time every night at the Revel District Piano Bar.
- Canada Showcase @ Festival Park, Daily 12:00pm; 2:00pm; 5:00pm: Join us at the Coca Cola Stage for a cultural mosaic of dynamic dancers, exhilarating musical performers and other special guests! This celebration of Canada’s diverse cultural landscape will delight fair-goers of all ages and backgrounds.
- Museum of Glass – Mobile Hot Shop @ Festival Park, Daily: The Hot Shop Team will demonstrate the fascinating process of creating works of art from molten glass each day of the Fair. Guests will learn the characteristics of glass, and how its properties make it possible for molten glass to be blown and shaped.
- Festival Park Nights @ All sets: 7:00 pm – 8 pm & 8:30 pm – 9:30 pm: Enjoy nightly live music from performers such as Vancouver’s Legendary R&B Allstars, Groove & Tonic, Ten Souljers and Moon Coin Show.
- Roving PNE PEP Band @ Daily, Throughout Fairgrounds: Back by popular demand, this roving and energetic dance group and 12-piece brass and percussion band will pump up the crowd with their renditions of some of your favourite pop songs.
- Dinosaur Stomp – A Roaring Adventure @ Daily, Italian Gardens 11:00am to 11:00pm: This outdoor exhibit will offer guests a spectacular and representative snapshot of 15 different dinosaurs that roamed the Earth during the Jurassic and Cretaceous Periods. Featuring ten life- sized animatronic models and five static models, the exhibit will teach fairgoers about the dinosaur’s stories and their favourite Fair food. Kids can play in the dig area to unearth cool Dino fossils.
Who is it for?
Fair Gate Admission (14 to 64): $18 at the Gate, $16 online
Senior: $9.00 at the Gate, $7 online;
Child Gate Pass (ages 6-13): $5
Fair Junior Ride Pass (Under 48″ tall): $35.75 online, $32.75 at Gate
Fair Gate and Ride Combo (48” & taller): $55.75 (Online)
After Dark Gate Pass: $6 (On-site only)
Fair Ride Pass (48” & taller): $46.75 online, $43.75 at Gate
Twilight Ride Pass: $30.75 On-site only
Fair Ride Coupons: 30 for $47.75 or $1.85 each
WAYS TO SAVE
- Heroes’ Opening Weekend – August 17-18, 11am – Late: FREE gate admission for First Responders and a guest. Promotion celebrates these first responders that the PNE works with on a year- round basis. Valid for current and retired police, RCMP, paramedics, firefighters and military plus one guest. First Responder must present a valid First Responders service card at the gates. Guest does not require a service card.
- FREE Gate Admission for all Guests – August 20 & 27, 11am – 1pm – presented by YVR. Re-entrance hand stamps will only be given after 1pm. Guests are welcome to re- enter the gates prior to 1pm without hand stamp.
- Wild Ride Wednesdays – August 21 & 28, 11am – 1pm. Purchase 2 Ride Passes for the price of 1! Only available onsite on the day of the promotion. Does not apply to ride coupons or complimentary passes
- Library Day – August 21, 11am – Late – presented by Tim Hortons. Show any BC library card and photo ID to receive $6 gate admission!
- Seniors’ Day – August 22, 11am – Late. Seniors 65+ receive FREE gate admission and FREE Ferris Wheel rides (West Coast Wheel)
- Out at the Fair Day – August 29, 11am-Late. Purchase Pride socks from the Vancouver Pride Society at their events or at the
- Hastings & Renfrew gate and get into the PNE Fair free! All proceeds benefit the Vancouver Pride Society
- BCAA Members: Special Member Savings on online Fair Gate & Ride Passes at bcaa.com/pne
How to get tickets?
In person at the gate
Save up to $12 on passes at 7-Eleven, Safeway, Save on Foods, Pricesmart foods and Urban Fare.
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time: Saturday August 17, until Monday, September, 2019 | Open 11 am until late (weather permitting).
Closed on Monday August 19 and Monday August 26.
Venue: PNE grounds, Pacific Hastings Street and Renfrew Street, Vancouver
Paid Parking – $20 to $25.
Public transit accessible – Buses include the #16 PNE Special from 29th Avenue Station stopping at Renfrew Skytrain Station; #210 PNE Special from Phibbs exchange in North Vancouver; and the West Vancouver Blue Bus Special from Horseshoe Bay.
About the PNE: Owned by the City of Vancouver, the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE) is a healthy and vibrant non – profit organization dedicated to providing over 3 million visitors a year with first – class cultural, sporting and family entertainment events. Founded in 1910, the PNE operates from a 114 – acre site at Hastings Park, a multi – facility venue in Vancouver where the organization operates four activity streams: an annual 15 – day Fair, Playland Amusement Park, maintenance and care of the Hastings Park site and management of the site’s year – round facilities. These facilities are utilized to celebrate a variety of hockey, amateur sporting, music, community, social, cultural and commercial events throughout the year.