Five cosplayers. One Crown. For the first time in FAN EXPO Canada history, the convention will host a Master of Cosplay Grand Prix, bringing together the best cosplayers in North America for a final cosplay championship.
Taking place at FAN EXPO Canada on Saturday, September 1, the Master of Cosplay Grand Prix will bring winners from regional contests at FAN EXPO Dallas, Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo, MEGACON Orlando, FAN EXPO Boston and FAN EXPO Canada to compete for the chance to become FAN EXPO’s very first Master of Cosplay Champion, and be awarded a cash prize of $5,000.
The winner of the Master of Cosplay Grand Prix will be determined by a panel of judges, who will make their decision based on 3 criteria: craftsmanship, likeness and detail and presentation. The judges include cosplayers Gina G, Vanya Vount and Glitch Cos.
The qualifiers for the Master of Cosplay Grand Prix:
1. Jessi Arntz — FAN EXPO Dallas
2. Lane Montieth and Daina Friend — Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo
3. Samantha Bork — MEGACON Orlando
4. Luisa Earle — FAN EXPO Boston
5. Prior to the Master of Cosplay Grand Prix on September 1, a Northern Qualifying Round will take place to determine FAN EXPO Canada’s regional winner. That winner will be awarded the Best in Show Northern Qualifier title, advancing them to compete in the Master of Cosplay Grand Prix. Regional winners from the Northern Qualifier will also be selected in the Runner Up, Best Masters, Best Journeyman, Best Novice and Best Youth categories.
FAN EXPO Canada, the country’s largest comics, sci-fi, horror, anime and gaming convention will welcome fans over Labour Day long weekend August 30 – September 2 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.