Need date ideas? Here is a list of 8 fun things to do this winter in FortWhyte Alive with your significant other!
- Get fired up about brewing! Craft two unique beers featuring locally grown ingredients at the cozy cabin in the woods. ON Sunday, January 21 | 12:30 pm – 4 pm, Cost: $35 to $40
- Enjoy ice fishing: on FortWhyte’s lakes, No fishing license required on Saturday & Sunday, January 27 – 28 | 10 am – 4:30 pm; Regular Admission.
- Go for Guided Snowshoe Hike: Enjoy a leisurely and fun snowshoe hike with one FortWhyte Alive interpreters. On Sunday, January 28 | 2 pm. FREE with regular admission, snowshoe rental available.
- Try Ice Yoga: Enjoy a 45 minute yoga session outdoors on our frozen lake, led by Ash Bourgeois of WildPath. On Sunday, January 14 11am. Cost: $12 to $17.
- Learn to Cross-Country Ski: Learn how to basics of kick and glide, improve your balance, endurance, and have a delightful day outdoors on Sunday, January 21 & February 4, 2018 | 10:30 am & 1 pm
- Fire & Ice Winter Yoga Festival: Get tickets for this for a one-of-a-kind yoga experience on a frozen lake, cozy up to the fire to roast marshmallows, snack on s’mores, go tobogganing and explore of FortWhyte Alive and sip on wildcrafted tea. February 3, 2018. Cost: $40 to $50
- Astropub: Journey through the night sky in Star Dome mobile planetarium. Afterwards, enjoy a beverage outside around a campfire, and if the weather permits explore the sky further through a telescope. Thursday, February 8 | 8 pm. Cost: $27 to $30
- And on Valentine’s Day: Join the resident brew master for this date night in the romantic cabin in the woods. Craft two unique beers featuring locally grown ingredients, plus enjoy local beer, wine and a light snack. Wednesday, February 14 7pm. Cost: $80 to $100 for 2.
Register online by visiting store.fortwhyte.org or by phone at (204) 989-8355 x 311