On March 18th, Premier Jason Kenney announced that as part of the government’s economic measures to help Albertans affected by the COVID-19 crisis, Alberta will providing immediate financial assistance under the Emergency Isolation Support Program ($573 per week) during self-isolation for working adult Albertans who must self-isolate.
Alberta government says that if your application is approved, you will receive a one-time payment of $1,146 through Interac e-Transfer within 24 to 48 hours.
Who can apply for Alberta’s Emergency COVID-19 Isolation Support of $1,146:
The program is for those who have experienced a total or significant loss of income and are not receiving compensation from any other source because of a
- diagnosis of COVID-19
- or have been directed by health authorities (Health Link 811) to self-isolate
- or is the sole caregiver of a dependent who is in self-isolation.
The Government says that you can not apply if:
- were not working immediately before you were advised to self-isolate
- can work from home
- are not experiencing a significant loss of income as a result of self-isolation
- are currently collecting other forms of income support or employer benefits while self-isolated, such as:
- workplace sick leave benefits
- federal employment insurance (EI) benefits
- are staying home to care for a dependent who is home for a reason other than self-isolation
- reside outside of Alberta
HOW TO APPLY IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE:
Submit an application through the Province of Alberta’s website.
What You Need: Create a MyAlberta Emergency Isolation Support digital ID using your Alberta driver’s licence or ID card number. You will receive an email confirmation with a reference number for future interactions after a successful submission.
If You Need Help to Complete Application: Call Alberta Connects at 310-4455, open 7 days a week from 8 am to 8 pm.
FYI: According to Service Alberta, to help meet the higher than anticipated demand, MyAlberta Emergency Isolation Support will be temporarily unavailable during certain times of the day.