Ontario has announced that the province will move the province into Step One of its Roadmap to Reopen at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, June 11, 2021.
The province says health indicators have improved enough to begin lifting some pandemic restrictions a few days ahead of schedule.
Porcupine Health Unit will not enter Step One on June 11th.
What is allowed at a glance:
Step 1 will allow more outdoor activities to resume with smaller, well-managed crowds where risk of transmission is minimized, and will permit retail, all with restrictions in place. This includes but is not limited to:
- Outdoor social gatherings and organized public events with up to 10 people;
- Outdoor religious services, rites, or ceremonies, including wedding services and funeral services, capped at the number of people that can maintain a physical distance of two metres;
- Indoor religious services, rites, or ceremonies, including wedding services and funeral services permitted at up to 15 per cent capacity of the particular room;
- Non-essential retail permitted at 15 per cent capacity, with no restrictions on the goods that can be sold;
- Essential and other select retail permitted at 25 per cent capacity, with no restrictions on the goods that can be sold;
- Outdoor dining with up to four people per table, with exceptions for larger households;
- Outdoor fitness classes, outdoor groups in personal training and outdoor individual/team sport training to be permitted with up to 10 people, among other restrictions;
- Day camps for children permitted to operate in a manner consistent with the safety guidelines for COVID-19 produced by the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health;
- Overnight camping at campgrounds and campsites, including Ontario Parks, and short-term rentals;
- Concert venues, theatres and cinemas may open outdoors for the purpose of rehearsing or performing a recorded or broadcasted concert, artistic event, theatrical performance or other performance with no more than 10 performers, among other restrictions;
- Outdoor horse racing tracks and motor speedways permitted to operate without spectators; and
- Outdoor attractions such as zoos, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens with capacity and other restrictions.
What is allowed in Detail:
- Maximum 10 people for outdoor gatherings and organized public events; Indoor not permitted
- Outdoor end-of-school-year celebration ceremonies held by a school or private school are exempt from outdoor gathering limits, with restrictions
- Weddings, funerals and religious services, rites and ceremonies (does not apply to receptions): 15% capacity indoors of the room; Outdoor permitted with capacity limited to permit physical distancing of 2 metres.
- Essential retail at 25% capacity and can sell all goods (including discount and big box)
- Non-essential retail at 15% capacity
- Retail stores in malls closed unless the stores have a street facing entrance
- Liquor Stores: Open at 25% capacity
- Cannabis stores at 25% capacity.
Restaurants and bars
- Outdoor dining with 4 people per table and other restrictions. Indoor Closed.
Personal care services
- Closed. Sensory deprivation pods permitted when prescribed by a regulated health professional
Sports and recreational fitness facilities
- Outdoor team sports – training only, 10 people maximum, 3 metres distance.
- Closed for indoor use except for high-performance athletes, social services and physical therapy
Personal fitness and training
- Outdoor fitness classes, personal training, sports training only – 10 people maximum, 3 metres distance
Outdoor recreational amenities
- Open, including golf courses, tennis courts, skateboarding parks, sports fields, BMX and skate parks, shooting ranges and archery ranges, and others, with restrictions
- Horse riding permitted, with restrictions
- Water features – Outdoor pools, splash pads, spray pads, whirlpools, wading pools and water slides open with capacity limited to permit physical distancing of 2 metres
Ontario Parks and campgrounds
Marinas and boating clubs
- Permitted with clubhouses, and other indoor amenities closed.
- Recreational boating permitted but only members of a household can gather on a boat.
Hotels, motels, lodges, resorts and other shared rental accommodation
- Indoor pools, communal steam rooms, saunas or whirlpools, indoor fitness centres, or other indoor recreational facilities closed
Short-term rentals (does not include hotels, motels, lodges or resorts, but does apply to cabins and cottages)
- Indoor pools, communal steam rooms, saunas or indoor whirlpools, indoor fitness centres, or other indoor recreational facilities closed.
Drive-in and drive-through events
- Open with restrictions
Meeting and event spaces
- Closed with exceptions for certain purposes including social services, government operations, court services, in-person examinations for select professions (subject to conditions).
Day and Overnight camps
- Day camps open based on guidance from the Chief Medical Officer of Health
- Overnight camps closed.
Commercial film and TV production
- Open with no audience
- No more than 50 performers on set
- Distance or equipment requirements for crew, hair and makeup services, and musicians
- Must comply with industry guidance
- Post-production, visual effects, animation studios open
- Outdoor open for rehearsing or performing a recorded or broadcasted event – 10 people maximum.
- spectators not permitted
- Indoor Closed. Drive-in open.
Casino, bingo halls and gaming establishments
- Outdoor with capacity and crew restrictions
- No spectators
Motorsports and speedways
- Outdoor with capacity and crew restrictions
- No spectators
- Curbside pickups for materials
- Access to computers, photocopiers, and similar services permitted
Museums and attractions
- Outdoor zoos, landmarks, historic sites, botanical gardens, and similar attractions open with capacity limited to 15% for ticketed areas and other restrictions.
Tour and guide services (for example, boat tours)
- Outdoor open, 10 patrons maximum, 2 metres physical distancing and other restrictions
- Boat tours and motor vehicle tours not permitted
- All construction open
Driving instruction and testing
- Driving instruction not permitted, except for drivers of commercial vehicles.
- In-Vehicle Passenger Road Testing begins June 14th. Road tests will be available by appointment only.
Pet grooming, animal shelters, stables, pet sitters, pet walkers, pet trainers
Lawn care and landscaping services
- Permitted to operate as a restaurant in alignment with restaurant restrictions
- Open to support children, seniors or vulnerable persons
Photography studios and services
- Outdoor open, with restrictions.
Community centres and multi-purpose facilities
- Open for social services, child care and day camps, mental health support services or addictions support services, with restrictions, permitted indoor and outdoors activities and services, with restrictions
Real estate open houses
- Showings by appointment only
In-person teaching and instruction
- Outdoor: 10 people maximum, 2 metres distance
Health and safety training
- Indoor: 10 person limit; Outdoor: 10 person limit