Ontario is starting a pilot project that will distribute the Pfizer vaccine through pharmacies in hot spots to people aged 55 and older as the province is expecting larger volumes of vaccines in May and June, with weekly shipments of the Pfizer-BioNTech shot nearly doubling during that period.
As part of the province’s vaccine rollout, individuals aged 55 and over are eligible to book a vaccine appointment starting effective April 30, at 8:00 a.m.
A pilot will also launch through select pharmacy locations in hot spot communities to administer the Pfizer vaccine to individuals aged 55 and over. Eight stores in Peel and eight in Toronto will participate in this pilot, with each location receiving approximately 150 doses per week to help Ontario continue to grow provincewide capacity to vaccinate as many individuals as quickly as possible. This is expected to expand to additional public health units later in May following evaluation of the program and as supply allows. Pharmacies will continue to use their own booking system for appointments.
List of Pharmacies Offering Pfizer Vaccines in Toronto & Peel
Credit Ridge Remedy’s Rx, 9525 Mississauga Road, Unit 7, Brampton, ON — Phone number: 905-451-4888
- Drug Store Pharmacy, 35 Worthington Avenue, Brampton, ON — Phone number: 905-495-8123
- Gore Pharmacy IDA, 4515 Ebenezer Road, Suite 110, Brampton — Phone number: 905-794-5003
- Rexall, 227 Vodden Street East, Brampton — Phone number: 905-454-5939
- Rexall, 499 Main Street South, Brampton — Phone number” 905-459-0173
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 25 Peel Centre Drive, Unit 379, Brampton — Phone number: 905-793-4844
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 25 Great Lakes Drive, Brampton — Phone number: 905-799-0414
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 7205 Goreway Drive, Mississauga — Phone number: 905-677-7181
- Keele-Ingram Pharmacy, 2221 Keele Street, Toronto — Phone number: 416-247-8618
- Loblaw Pharmacy, 2549 Weston Road, Toronto — 416-246-1417
- Shih Pharmacy, 2700 Kipling Avenue, Unit 9, Toronto — Phone number: 416-740-1623
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 565 Sherbourne Street, Unit 40, Toronto — Phone number: 416-267-8211
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 2751 Eglinton Avenue East, Scarborough — Phone number: 416-267-8211
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 123 Rexdale Boulevard, Etobicoke — Phone number: 416-743-1645
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 2550 Finch Avenue West, North York– Phone number: 416-749-5271
- Wal-Mart Pharmacy, 1900 Eglinton Avenue East, Toronto — Phone number: 416-615-2704
— With Files From The Canadian Press