The Mountsberg sugarbush has been producing maple magic for more than 150 years and educating the public for over 40 years. The park will tap about 300 sugar maples this spring and the crystal-clear sap will be magically transformed into sweet maple syrup in the Sugar Shanty. This year will be different than in previous years, but we are pleased to have worked with Hamilton Public Health to provide a safe, and cherished Canadian tradition. Welcome to Sugarbush Season!The sugar bush will offer park visitors passive exploration throughout the park during their visit to Mountsberg. There will also be small guided tours available for an additional cost.
- Maple Maze: How maple savvy are you? Find out as you travel through our maple maze! Get the answers right and find your way out, get them wrong, and start again!
- Maple Trivia Trail: Enjoy a stroll through the 150-year-old sugar bush and learn a little maple trivia along the way. Take a moment to look up and imagine how many people have stood under these same trees each year to enjoy this amazing spring ritual!
- Historical Sites: Maple sugaring is a time-honoured tradition for Indigenous Nations around the Great Lakes, a tradition that they shared with Settlers. Visit this area to learn how the technique of maple syrup and sugar making has changed over time.
- Birds of Prey: Eagles, Owls, and Hawks, oh my! Visit the Wildlife Walkway to view the incredible Raptors that call Mountsberg home and learn their heartwarming stories.
- Natural Playground: The Play Barn may be closed due to COVID-19 but our new outdoor Natural Playground is open for running, jumping, and playing! Remember to give other families lots of space while you explore Mother Nature’s jungle gym.
- Fireside Lounges: There is nothing like relaxing by a crackling outdoor fire (Limit 4 guests per fire pit at one time)
- Purchase maple products: Visit the retail shop for all things maple.
- Day Time Tours: Small tours of the sugarbush as a safe and informational add-on to your Mountsberg park visit. The tour will include a lesson on tree identification and tapping, a guided journey through the sugarbush, tree cookie branding, and syrup tasting flight.
- Evening Tours:A whole new way to experience maple at Mountsberg – under the trees AND under the stars! Book one of our small evening tours to enjoy an enchanting wagon ride tour through the lit sugar bush, and learn about tree identification and tapping. Test your knowledge with the Trivia Trail and stroll through the illuminated forest. Finally, savour the sweetness maple with a syrup flight tasting, and finish off with tree cookie branding as you cozy up to the fireside lounge. The retail store will also be available during the evening tours.
Who is it for?
Please note that masks will be mandatory for all guests and staff both indoors and outdoors at the park. Children age 2 and under, and those with medical exemptions excepted.
$10/Adult, $8/Senior, $7/Child 5-14 plus HST
Children 4 & Under: Free
Day Time Tours: $10
Pricing (Members and Non-Members, Gate fee included):
$25/Adult, $20/Senior, $18/Child, Children 4 & under: Free
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time: March 6th until April 5th, 2021
Daytime Experience: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 9am – 5pm (final reservation starts at 3pm)
Evening Experience (starting March 11, 2021): Thursday to Sunday and Holidays: 5pm – 10pm (final reservation starts at 8:30pm) The tour is 1.5 hrs long.
2259 Milburough Line, Campbellville