May Long Weekend Events & Activities in Saskatoon
Friday, May 15 – Monday, May 18, 2020
Due to COVID-19 many attractions are closed and gatherings of more than 10 are prohibited.
Saskatchewan is in a state of Emergency that mandates residents to maintain a 2 meter physical distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Though there are not many things you can do during these unprecedented times, there are few activities that can be enjoyed while physical distancing is in effect that is in accordance with Saskatchewan’s Health Orders during this May long weekend.
1. Go Fishing
If you thought there weren’t any good spots to hit up around Saskatoon for some great angling, you’d be wrong! There are a ton of amazing lakes, reservoirs, and access to both the North Saskatchewan and South Saskatchewan Rivers less than two hours from the city. Check out these 15 Great Places to Fish in Saskatoon.
2. Enjoy Hiking or Discover Nature Attractions in Saskatoon
Spaces including parks, trails, dog parks and public squares remain open in Saskatoon. The Boat launch at Broadway Bridge is now open to enjoy. Saskatchewan Provincial Parks is open for limited day use. Boat launches (as ice conditions and normal operating conditions allow), hiking and biking on trails will be open.
- 25 of the Best Hikes in and around Saskatoon
- 25 Awesome Places to Hike in Saskatchewan
- 25 Off-Grid Adventures in Saskatchewan
- 50 Amazing Things to Do in the Parks and Natural Areas of Saskatchewan
3. Go Birding
Spring is a great time to go birding and there are many fabulous locations in Saskatchewan.
4. Take-out and Support Local
If you can afford, order a take out from Saskatoon restaurants.
5. Go Golfing
6. See a movie
Drive-in Theatres will re-open in Saskatchewan from May 15th. Enjoy a movie under the stars.
7. Enjoy a Quarantine Concert
There are many free concerts live-streamed every day. Check them out.
8. Enjoy Live Theatre from around the World
With COVID-19 pandemic forcing theatres to shut their doors, many performing art centres have taken to being open virtually.
9. Explore Canada or the World From Home
Explore Canada’s arctic, Winnipeg, National Parks and many more places from Home. Travel to international or outer space destinations like the international space station, discover Egypt’s Heritage Sites from tombs to monasteries or take a trip on scenic trains in Europe virtually.
10. Enjoy Virtual/Physical Distancing Events & Activities
- 10 Must Visit Beaches in Saskatchewan
- 10 Best Places to Camp in Saskatchewan
- Unique Places to visit in Saskatchewan