For 2020 Options – See
- 25 Ways to Treat Mom this Mothers Day in Halifax
- Restaurants for Takeout/Delivery in Halifax
- Dartmouth Restaurants Open for Take-Out & Delivery During COVID-19
Every Mother’s Day, you have the chance to tell your mom how special she is with your Mother’s Day gift. This year, instead of buying her the same old flowers or chocolate, spend some quality time with her and take her out for a relaxing brunch. Brunch is the perfect weekend meal because she can sleep in and still have time to have a tasty meal before lunch.
If you rather spend time with Mom than in the kitchen, taking your mom out to brunch on Mother’s Day is definitely the best option for you. There are plenty of restaurants, diners, and cafes that serve excellent brunches that the whole family would enjoy. Listed below are twelve restaurants that have a brunch for every budget and dietetic need.
12 Places for Mother’s Day Brunch in Halifax
You may like:
1. Family Service Association of Halifax Annual Mother’s Day brunch
The Family Service Association of Halifax presents its annual Mother’s Day brunch. Mothers and family can relax and enjoy an impressive brunch buffet offered by RCR Group (responsible for restaurants like ONYX, Shuck, CUT and Waterfront Warehouse), while listening to live musical entertainmen; a low-key mix of swing, Broadway and jazz standards by Waterford Jazz.
There is everything from inflatable bouncy castles and a supervised kids’ area, with games, arts and crafts.
While the kids are having fun, the adults can relax at their table and enjoy an amazing buffet brunch while the Waterford Jazz duo create the mood with some lovely background music. Details
Sunday, May 12th from 11am – 2pm at the Cunard Centre.
Adults/Teens $55, Children 6-12yrs $25 and Children 5 & under: Free
Children 5-under are Free.
2. Black Sheep RestaurantThis is a hidden gem where you can take your mom for an all-day long brunch, along with delicious drinks in a cozy, relaxed atmosphere. Each one of their tasty brunch dishes is made from scratch using quality, local ingredients every day. The Black Sheep’s brunch is served every day from opening to 4pm. Black Sheep Restaurant
1569 Dresden Row, Halifax
$12 – $20
The Edna is a fancier option than most of the restaurants in Halifax and has some of the most stunning, instagrammable meals available in Halifax with a taste to match. It is worth going off of the beaten path, especially if you want to surprise your mom on Mother’s Day. The perfect stop before heading out of shopping on Spring Garden Road. Edna
2053 Gottingen Street, Halifax
$8 – $20
View this post on Instagram
Sweet & salty, sweet & salty, sweet & salty … if you say it three times will it come true? 🥞🍳🥓🥞🍳🥓 Two fluffy ricotta pancakes, Oulton’s applewood smoked bacon, house made bkfst sausage, maple butter & a sunny up free range egg. It’s everything you will ever really need. Happy Sunday y’all.
4. Steve O Reno’s Cappuccino
Named the best café in Halifax in 2017, Steve O Reno’s Cappuccino has over 20 years of coffee roasting in their background. Enjoy brunch with your Mom at a great locally roasted coffee and espresso cafe. The baked goods are made from scratch each and every morning, and meals are made with fresh, local ingredients. Steve O Reno’s Cappuccino
1536 Brunswick Street, Halifax
5. Bistro le Coq
Have a relaxing brunch with your Mom at this quaint French bistro in the heart of downtown Halifax. Their menu is on par with the bistros that line the streets of Paris. The unique flavor of Parisian comfort food inspires the menu, but their chef adds a Canadian flare to each dish. Bistro le Coq
1584 Argyle Street, Halifax
$15 – $25
View this post on Instagram
|💃🏻🕺🏽over here doing our little spring dance, in hopes of ushering in fairer weather ☀️🌿🌷 . rose pot de crème, pomegranate taffy shell, brandy snap, white chocolate mousse | . (hurry, quantities are limited!) . #bistro #dessert #hfxfood #hfxlocal #eatlocal #spring #roseforyourwoes #floralsforyourquarrels #frenchdesserts
6. Durty Nelly’s Irish Pub
Take your Mom to Ireland without ever leaving Halifax at the Durty Nelly’s Irish Pub. The building was completely designed and built in Ireland and shipped to Halifax, piece by piece to be reconstructed. The music is loud, the people are friendly, and the beer is always flowing. Come hungry for brunch because the portions leaving nothing to be desired. Durty Nelly’s Irish Pub
1645 Argyle Street, Halifax
$12 – $20
7. PG’s CaféIf you want to take you Mom somewhere homey for Mother’s Day, check out PG’s Café, a local mom & pop diner. Since 1991, they have been serving up home-cooked comfort food, along with excellent fresh ground coffee. This café serves up tasty brunches at under $10 per dish, and they have many tasty dishes to choose from. A good thing to know is that they are closed on Sundays. PG’s Café
1266 Hollis Street, Halifax
Under $10 per dish
8. The Coastal Café
Their menu is on the smaller side along with the size of the restaurant, but do not let that fool you. The Coastal Café packs a big punch in flavour. Their dishes are beautiful and interesting, the ingredients are fresh, and the portions are huge. The coffee is often what people come for and end up staying for the food. The ordering process was quite efficient for a small place – you place your order and wait (outside), and when your table becomes available – your meal is prepared fresh for you at that time. The Coastal Café
2731 Robie St, Halifax
9. Robie St. StationPut a global spin on brunch for your Mom when you take her out for brunch at the Robie Street Station. This popular restaurant has kid-friendly options available, serves an all-day breakfast, and has fresh pastries that are made in-house. This is the perfect place for a Mother’s Day celebration if you are looking for something unique and affordable, but will still fill you up. Robie St. Station
2394 Robie Street, Halifax
$9 – $15
10. Norbert’s Good Food
Treat your mom to a delicious brunch at the first and only farm-to-table eatery in Halifax that is solely farmer-owned and operated. Every dish is created with love to show off the local, seasonal, and organic ingredients. Enjoy your brunch with a freshly made smoothie or with a cup of deliciously rich Java Blend coffee or espresso. Norbert’s Good Food
Halifax Seaport Farmers’ Market
$9 – $20
11. Wild Leek Food & Juice Bar
Enjoy a vegan brunch, even if you aren’t a vegan, at the Wild Leek Food & Juice Bar. Their menu focuses on local, seasonal ingredients, and offers a unique twist on many comfort foods. Their brunch menu is served all day, every day, so if you cannot make it on Mother’s Day, you can enjoy brunch with your mom any day of the year. Wild Leek Food & Juice Bar
2156 Windsor Street, Halifax
$12 – $20
12. Season’s Atlantica
Visit Atlantica Hotel Halifax and celebrate Mother’s Day with a bountiful feast! The culinary team at Seasons by Atlantica will be preparing a decadent buffet brunch. Enjoy a host of delicious dishes including breakfast favourites, charcuturie, seafood antipasto, amazing salads, heavenly main dishes, inspired desserts and much more! Details
1980 Robie Street, Halifax