As Alberta has allowed most tourist attractions like museums to reopen,Calgary Zoo has announced that it is reopening by offering a one-way outdoor only experience.
The zoo says certain animal habitats will have adjusted viewing in place to keep all the animals safe and physical distancing will be supported with directional paw prints safely distances 3 metres apart throughout the park to keep households safely apart from each other.
The zoo will be accessible through the North entrance only with the West entrance closed. The zoo has also reduced the admission fees with a timed ticketed entry in place.
WHAT IS OPEN:
You will be able to visit outdoor areas of the zoo including:
- Canadian Wilds where big horn sheep, caribou, otters, grizzlies, cougars, moose and many more animals who call Canada home are housed.
- Destination Africa area & Land of Lemurs area which houses hippos, giraffes, zebras, lions, lemurs and gorillas.
- Dorothy Harvie Gardens
- Eurasia area that features the majestic Amur tigers, snow leopards, Japanese macaques and red pandas.
- Prehistoric Park.
- Washrooms will be open, with increased cleaning protocols in place
- Food & beverage (including Kitamba, Dairy Bar, and Tusk & Grill), and outdoor picnic seating is available.
- Limited capacity indoor seating and retail gift shop items will be available at Kitamba.
- Security, First Aid and Lost & Found is open.
What is closed:
- Wagon rentals
- Water fountains
- Daily Programs (such as, Animal Snackers, Nature Hackers, and Animal Training)
- Indoor habitats
- Indoor facilities, including: Grazers; Discovery Centre; Enmax Conservatory; and, Gift Shops.
Calgary Zoo Admission
Tickets will not be sold onsite.
Tickets will be available onlinefrom May 21st on a first come first served basis.
- Adults $19.95 + GST
- Student ( valid student ID on entry)/Senior $17.95 + GST
- Child (3-15) $9.95 + GST
- Infants (under 3) FREE (Timed ticket not required)
Calgary Zoo Hours
Reopening: May 23, 2020
- Members Only: 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Public & Members: 9:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Last Entry At 6:00 p.m.