Saunders Farm and the Ottawa Sports & Entertainment Group (OSEG) have announced that the new Halloween Festival, the Sawmill at Lansdowne, scheduled to open today at Lansdowne is postponed to 2021 due to rising COVID-19 cases in Ottawa region.
“With cases of Covid-19 continuing to rise in Ottawa and throughout the province, Saunders Farm and the Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group have decided to postpone The Sawmill at Lansdowne, which was previously set to open tonight, October 16,” the organisers said on the website.
“We have been working closely with the City and Ottawa Public Health to make a safe event, but with rising cases of COVID we have decided to postpone,” said Mark Saunders, owner of the famed Saunders Farm.
“We are of course tremendously disappointed that we won’t be able to terrify and delight our guests this year, but their safety, as well as the safety of our staff, is of paramount importance we know now isn’t the time to be taking extra risks. We can’t wait to collaborate with OSEG again next year to blow the roof off the Halloween celebrations in Ottawa.”
The decision was announced just an hour before the event was set to open. The festival was scheduled to run until October 31st. Saunders and OSEG say the event will be back in 2021.
All tickets purchased for this year’s event will be honoured in 2021.