What’s On in Regina this weekend including free, fun family & kids’ activities, live music, theatre & performing arts, sports and exhibitions. Few weekday events are also listed.
Friday, January 17 – Sunday, January 19, 2020
I. Family & Kids Activities
You may like:
Tuesdays – Sundays, until February 2, 2020
Saskatchewan Science Centre, 2903 Powerhouse Drive, Regina
- Leisure Centres – Enjoy the many free activities offered at City of Regina’s Leisure centres. Details
- At the library – Regina Public library offers plenty of free Sherwood Village Branch, Meeting Roomactivities to choose from for all ages including toddler story times. Plan ahead to attend some of the free activities in the following weekends: Details and link for registration.
- Programs @ Royal Saskatchewan Museum – There is always something to do at the Royal Saskatchewan Museum. Plan ahead to attend weekend activities.
- Family Studio Sundays | 2 – 4 PM @ MacKenzie Art Gallery – Family Studio Sundays are fun for art-lovers big and small. Families explore our exhibitions through family-focused tours, hands on art-making, and special Sunday events with storytelling and special guest artists. Details
- Kids’ Day – Sunday – Landmark Cinemas: Every Sunday, $12.49 gets your kid a movie ticket, Snack Pack (popcorn, drink, choice of candy treat) and out of the house! Every movie, every Sunday @ Landmark Cinemas
- See family friendly movies releasing during winter 2019-20.
- Visit participating Cineplex theatres near you and watch a family favourite film each week for only $2.99. A portion of the proceeds goes towards supporting WE Charity.
- Wascana Outdoor Movie Night on Saturday, January 18, 2020 | 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM | Free (Event will be cancelled/rescheduled if weather is below -30C)
More To Do
II. Live Music
The Legend of George Jones
Wednesday, January 15, 2020 | 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Casino Regina 1880 Saskatchewan Drivee, Regina
$35 plus 5% tax and service fees
Take six dynamic, talented musicians, add the greatest hits of Motown and classic soul, a pinch of disco, a dash of pop-rock and funky R&B. Mix in outstanding vocals inspired arrangements and a powerhouse groove and VOILA! Details
Saturday, January 18, 2020 | 9:30 PM
Revival Music Room, 2224 Dewdney Avenue, Regina
Vivaldi Four Seasons
Performance features former concertmaster of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra, Dale Barltrop, in his RSO debut leading from the violin with Mozart’s “Prague” Symphony and Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons. Details
Saturday, January 18, 2020 | 7:30 PM
Pre-Concert Chat: 6:45 PM
Conexus Arts Centre, 200 Lakeshore Drive, Regina
$25 – $105
Carmichael Outreach benefit concert. Performance by Halycon Chamber Choir. Details
Sunday, January 19, 2020 | 4:00 PM
Knox-Metropolitan United Church, 2340 Victoria Avenue, Regina
Admission by donation
III. Theatre/Performing Arts
Champions of Magic
Friday, January 17, 2020 | 7:30 PM
Conexus Arts Centre – Main Theatre, 200 Lakeshore Drive, Regina
$47.50 – $67.50 (Plus Applicable Service Charges)
Full Tilt: Contemporary Dance Choreography
Recent Choreography by Connie Moker Wernikowski, featuring four works: whatever they sing, premiered April 2018. This work is inspired by Connie’s love of songbirds and her concern about their declining numbers. Danced by Michelle Korpan, Carleigh Macdonald, Natasha Molnar-Fluter and Katrina Currie. Details
January 17 – 18, 2020
Riddell Centre, University of Regina 3737 Wascana Parkway, Regina
$10 – $20
Echo Valley Skate the Park
“Skate the Park” is a unique campground skating loop that will be open every Thursday evening and Saturday afternoon until mid-March. Visitors can enjoy skating through the campground loop, an ice sculpture perfect for a selfie photo opportunity, a food truck and activities for the whole family, including a bonfire to warm-up around. Details
Thursdays, until March 20, 2020 | 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturdays, until March 20, 2020 | 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Aspen Campground, Echo Valley Provincial Park
The skating loop is free to enjoy, however a valid park vehicle entry permit is required to visit provincial parks year-round.
V. Exhibitions, Festivals & Other Events
You may like: 50 Date Ideas in Regina
FYI: Plan Your Summer Camping Trip – Reserve Parks Canada Campgrounds for Summer 2020.
Thursday, January 16, 2020 | 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Bushwakker Brewpub, 2206 Dewdney Avenue, Regina
Women’s March Regina 2020
On 18 January 2020, millions of women and allies around the world will join the fourth annual march of Women’s March Global, a yearly event that brings together inspired, international change-makers committed to fighting for equality, justice, and human rights worldwide. This year’s focus will be March for the Change you want to see. Details
Saturday, January 18, 2020 | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
YWCA Regina, 1940 McIntyre Street, Regina
Poltava’s 22nd Annual “Malanka”, Ukrainian New Year’s Celebration. The Poltava School students in the Lileya and Pre-Poltava groups along with the Poltava Ensemble will perform at this event. Details
Saturday, January 18, 2020
5:30 PM | Cocktails and Appetizers
6:30 PM | Supper/Poltava Ensemble Performance
9:00 PM | Dance to Wonderland Band
Regina Performing Arts Centre, 1077 Angus Street, Regina
Todd Gronsdahl: The Saskatchewan Maritime Museum
Saskatoon-based artist Todd Gronsdahl’s expansive installation,The Saskatchewan Maritime Museum, will turn the gallery into a faux museum. Exhibits cobbled together from duct tape and recycled materials expose the untrustworthy nature of histories as political tools. Details
On until February 22, 2020
Art Gallery of Regina, 2420 Elphinstone Street, Regina
We do try to make the listings as accurate as possible, but there might be errors/Events may be cancelled or postponed without any notice. Verify all details from concerned Event Websites/officials.
Bookmark this page and check back next week for more weekend activities.
To add events to this list – Submit Event.