Christmas is the time to gather the family and make precious memories. Tis the season for spending time with friends and family doing a special activity and enjoying a Christmas feast. So, round up the family and have a wonderful Christmas when you check out the some of the activities … Here is a list of things to do on December 25 and 26 in Victoria.
1. Visit the Butchart Gardens
During Christmas the Gardens come to life with a colourful display of lights. Bundle up and stroll through the Twelve Days of Christmas display, sing along to the sounds of the season with Traditional Carollers or listen to the Festive Brass, then stop in at the Coffee Shop to warm up with a hot chocolate and gingerbread by the fire. December 25 | 1:00 PM–9:00 PM; December 26 | 9:00 AM–9:00 PM
The skating rinks at the Butchart Gardens will be open every day of the holiday season. However, your skate time must be pre-booked.
2. Admire Christmas lights
The Lights of Wonder will transform the Centennial Square into a holiday Wonderland with themed light exhibits, interactive light tunnels, and a 40-foot festive tree. The display will be closed on December 25th. The Bay Centre’s Festival of Trees will be closed on December 25th, but will reopen on December 26th.
Winspear Festival of Trees featuring 15 Christmas trees will remain open until January 5. The 6th annual Christmas Tree Village will run until January 3rd and has transformed Recreation Centre Atrium and the Archie Browning Sports Centre into a holiday heaven teeming with twinkling lights.
3. Do a Christmas Day Bird Count
Do a Christmas bird count on Christmas Day! Visit any of the birding areas near Victoriaand see how many birds you can find! Though not an organised/official day for counting, you can always do one own your own and enjoy a crisp morning walk!
4. Grinched!See this friendly re-telling of the Dr. Seuss Christmas story. This Pantomime is filled with humour and is fun for all ages. December 26, 2019 | 2:00 PM @ Mary Winspear Centre
5. Step into the Past
Step through the doors of the oldest house in British Columbia still on its original site and experience what Christmas was like in Victoria more than 100 years ago. Decorations, music and first-hand accounts will take you back to Christmas past. December 26, 2019 | 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM @ Helmcken House
6. Go on a sleigh ride
Celebrate a holiday tradition with family, friends and loved-ones! Cozy up under the blankets and enjoy the magical sound of jingle bells in your private horse-drawn sleigh.
7. See a Movie
No, we didn’t mean Netflix!
Checkout Landmark/Cineplex Theatres. Movies releasing include:
- Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker — Release Date: December 19, 2019
- Cats — Release Date: December 20, 2019
- Spies In Disguise — Release Date: December 25, 2019
- Little Women — Release Date: December 25, 2019
8. Christmas Brunch/Dinner
- Community Christmas Dinner on December 25, 2019 | 11:30 AM – 2:00 PM @ Mary Winspear Center
- Christmas Day Brunch on Wednesday, December 25, 2019 | 10:00 AM, 10:30 AM, 12:00 PM & 12:30 PM @ Oak Bay Beach Hotel
- Christmas Dinner in the Snug on Wednesday, December 25, 2019 | 5:00 PM & 7:30 PM @ Oak Bay Beach Hotel
- Christmas Dinner in the Dining Room on Wednesday, December 25, 2019 | 5:30 PM @ Oak Bay Beach Hotel
- Christmas Day Dinner on Wednesday, December 25, 2019 | 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM @ Q at The Empress
- Christmas Dinner Buffet on Wednesday, December 25, 2019 | 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM @ Elements Casino Victoria
- Christmas Day Dinner Buffet on Wednesday, December 25, 2019 | 2:00 PM, 4:30 PM, and 7:00 PM @ Fairmont Empress Hotel
- Christmas Feast at the Pacific Restaurant on December 24 – 25, 2019 | 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- Festive Afternoon Tea/Festive Champagne Afternoon Tea on December 14, 2019 to January 2, 2020 | 11:00 AM – 5:45 PM @ Fairmont Empress
- Christmas Day Brunch Buffet on December 25, 2019 | 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM @ Inn at Laurel Point
- Holiday Lunch at KEYS on December 25 | 12:00 PM
9. Other Events
- Home for the Holidays Jam Session w Tony Genge & Neil Swainson on December 26 | 7:30 PM – 10:30 PM @ Hermann’s Jazz Club
- A Very Merry VECmas on December 25, 2019 | 2:00 PM @ Victoria Event Centre
- Qigong Workshop: Meditation/Yoga on December 25, 2019 | 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM @ Archway Wellness
- 11th Annual OAK BAY XMAS CUP on December 26, 2019 | 3:00 PM – 10:00 PM @ Recreation Oak Bay
- Boxing Day at the Eagles Club on December 26, 2019 | 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Boxing Day with Mark Farina @ Capital Ballroom on December 26, 2019 | 9:00 PM
- Migration Makers Market on December 26, 2019 | 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM @ Mayfair Shopping Centre
- Smooth – Boxing Day Party – A Night of RnB & Slow Jams on December 26, 2019 | 10:00 PM @ Lucky Bar
- Gingerbread Showcase 2019 on until January 5, 2020 | 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM @ Parkside Hotel & Spa
10. Saanich Ice Festival
Enjoy this festive season with family and friends during the Winter Snow Globe on ice. The arena will be transformed into a winter wonderland with a giant snow globe, trees, lights and snow. December 26, 2019 | 9:45 AM – 11:45 AM @ Pearkes Recreation Centre
11. Helmcken House Old-Fashioned Christmas
Step through the doors of the oldest house in British Columbia still on its original site and experience what Christmas was like in Victoria more than 100 years ago. Decorations, music and first-hand accounts will take you back to Christmas past. December 26, 2019 | 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM; Closed on December 25th.
12. Plan a trip to a nearby Provincial Park
Enjoy cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, tobogganing and more at a nearby provincial park. You can also enjoy a relaxing stroll or brisk walking.
You may like: