You will now be able to visit Toronto Islands as limited Toronto Island Park ferry service with COVID-19 precautions is resuming starting June 27, 2020.
The ferry service will operate at 50 per cent maximum capacity, with a number of COVID-19 guidelines and procedures in place to protect passengers and staff, developed in consultation with Toronto Public Health.
Precautions & Changes Include:
- Ferry tickets will be limited to 5,000 per day
- Tickets must be purchased online.
- Tickets are only valid for the date selected at the time of purchase.
- Passengers will be required to wear non-medical masks or face coverings.
- To reduce crowding, visitors are encouraged to travel outside of peak times. The busiest time for travel from the terminal to Toronto Island Park is between 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., and between 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. for the return trip. Visitors should plan their ferry trips outside of these times.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting will be undertaken on the vessels after every trip.
- Washrooms on the ferries will be closed.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available.
- Washrooms at the terminal and at Toronto Island Park will be open.
What will be open at Toronto Islands
- Splash pads
- A first aid station
- Franklin Gardens
- William Meany Maze
- Some food and beverage outlets
- Disc golf.
- Toronto Island Park beaches – Hanlan’s Point Beach, Gibraltar Point Beach, Ward’s Island Beach, Centre Island Beach
Toronto Island Park public and commercial amenities on the Island including Centreville and park playgrounds and boat rentals will remain closed.
- Things to Do in Toronto this Weekend
- COVID-19: What is Open & Closed in Toronto & GTA
- Fun Things to Do in Toronto & GTA During COVID-19 Ontario Reopening Phase
PLAN YOUR TRIP – TORONTO ISLANDS
Centre Island Ferry Service from 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Hanlan’s Point Ward’s Island from 6:30 am to 4:10 p.m.
Ward’s Island Ward’s Island Ferry Service from 6:30 am to 11:45 pm
Jack Layton Ferry Terminal, 9 Queens Quay W, Toronto, ON M5J 2H3 – Directions
Includes return trip.
Youth (ages 15 to 19)/Senior (over 65 with proof of age): $5.37
Junior (ages 2 to 14): $3.95
Infant (under 2): Free