Here is a list of activities to enjoy in and around Toronto.
Also, see this weekend in Torontofor events (online & in-person) and other weekend activities.
Check back as this article is updated as and when the cities of GTA / Ontario government allows the reopening of more tourist attractions.
1. Fun Winter Activities
Go outdoor skating, hiking, snowshoeing and more!
All outdoor activities except downhill skiing are allowed during Ontario lockdown.
2. Explore Nature Parks & Areas
- Getting a taste of nature or the wilderness is no problem in one of the biggest metropolises in the world.Toronto is filled with hidden trailsthat wind through parks and wooded areas, past rivers and lakes, and that are home to many flora and fauna to keep you engaged and excited throughout your journey on one of many nature trails on this list.
- Visit Greater Toronto area parks and conservation areas. There are plenty of opportunities for you to explore and enjoy nature in the GTA area.
- Provincial parks and conservation reserves are open for various activities. Discover the unique attributes of each park.
- Enjoy a night of camping at Ontario parks as backcountry & Crown land camping is allowed now.
- Beaches: Enjoy a walk on the beach.
3. Explore Public Art
Exploring Toronto’s public artworksis one of the best physical distancing activities you can do.
4. Enjoy in-person Events
5. Enjoy a Quarantine Concert
There are many free concerts live-streamed every day. Check them out.
6. Enjoy Live Theatre from around the World
With COVID-19 pandemic forcing theatres to shut their doors, many performing art centres have taken to being open virtually.
7. Explore Canada or the World From Home
Explore Canada’s arctic, Winnipeg, National Parks andmany more places from Home. Travel tointernational or outer space destinations like the international space station, discover Egypt’s Heritage Sites from tombs to monasteries or take a trip on scenic trains in Europe virtually.