Whether you want to enjoy a show, watch fireworks, meet someone new, kick start your new year resolutions, or learn traditional ballroom/latin dances (no partner required), you will find something in this list to suit your taste.
Here is to celebrating all that was good this year!
- 2020 New Year’s Eve Celebrations at Nathan Phillips Square: Ring in the New Year at Nathan Phillips Square on December 31, 2019 at 8 p.m. Toronto’s annual New Year Eve’s celebration featuring DJ skating parties, live musical performances and spectacular fireworks.
- Enjoy Christmas Lights in Toronto on New Year’s Eve:From Terra Lumina at the Toronto Zoo to Aurora Winter Lights Festival at Ontario Place, Toronto is all aglow in Christmas Lights. Get lost amongst the crowds and reflect on the year gone by.
- Toronto’s Best Singles New Year’s Eve Party “An Elegant Affair”: Want to meet someone? Join hundreds of eligible, sophisticated professional singles from Toronto and all over the GTA that are out to network, mingle and have a great time.
- NYE at The Second City: Bring in the New Year with the cast of The Second City’s brand new revue, If I Could #Throwback Time and leave the sensible decision making for January 1st.
- New Years Eve Dance 2020: Join for this no partner required fance celebration that include Latin, Ballroom, Argentine Tango, WTC, etc…
- Midnight run and party New Year’s Eve: Try something different this New Year’s Eve. Ring in the New Year with a 5K run on the stroke of midnight and then celebrate 2020 with a post race party!
- Cheer Toronto Sports Teams: Cheer Toronto Raptors or Toronto Marlies at their home games on NYE.Toronto Marlies vs. Cleveland Monsters on Tuesday, December 31, 2019 | 3:00 PM @ Coca-Cola Coliseum and Toronto Raptors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday, December 31, 2019 | 7:00 PM @ Scotiabank Arena.
- Take in a Live theatre Performance:CATS, the record-breaking musical spectacular by Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Anastasia, transports us from the twilight of the Russian Empire to the euphoria of Paris in the 1920s, as a brave young woman sets out to discover the mystery of her past.Toronto Operetta Theatre presents: The Gypsy Baron: A riotous burst of melody, comedy and romance that rivals Die Fledermaus, The Gypsy Baron is the Waltz King’s unequaled musical from Vienna’s Golden Age.
Bend It Like Beckham the Musical! Based on the smash-hit movie that launched the careers of Keira Knightley, Parminder Nagra and Jonathan Rhys Meyers, this award-winning musical set in West London, is the feel-good, family-friendly, romantic comedy, must-see musical of the season.
- Christmas Flower Shows: Visit Allan Gardens or Centennial Park Conservatoryto see entire conservatory is decorated and filled with thousands of flowering plants, over 30 varieties of poinsettia and amazing seasonal topiary masterpieces made entirely of plant material.
- Take a twirl on the Ice:Join for outdoor winter party at Harbourfront Centre – DJ Skate Nights, Enjoy ice skating at Union Station, Bentway or any other outdoor rink across GTA
- Wine & Paint:Come out for a fun NYE night of painting and a glass of wine. In this workshop, you will be guided step by step through creating an image with acrylic paint on canvas. This is a perfect way of unwinding, getting creative, and meeting new people.
- ExploreSpadina Museum – A Roaring Twenties: See Spadina Museum all decked up as it was a 100 years ago and welcome 2020 by enjoying holiday treats made from original recipes and sip mulled cider in the kitchen.
For more ideas, see: