A list of outdoor skating rinks to lace-up for a twirl on the ice.
Outdoor skating rinks are dependent on the ice and weather conditions, so check before travelling.
- 10 Great Places to Skate in GTA
- All Outdoor GTA City/Towns Rinks.
Not all outdoor rinks mentioned are refrigerated rinks. Only refrigerated rinks are open from late November to March. Natural ice rinks are weather dependent. Reservations are required for most outdoor rinks due to the Ontario provincial shutdown.
1. 10 Great Places to Skate in GTA
- Gage Park, Brampton
- Colonel Sam Smith Skating Trail, 65 Colonel Samuel Smith Park Road, Etobicoke
- Nathan Philips Square, Toronto
- Richmond Green Skate Trail, Richmond Hill
- Celebration Square, Mississauga
- Newmarket Riverwalk Commons
- Rotary Centennial Pond, 1340 Lakeshore Road, Burlington
- Dieppe Park Trail, 455 Cosburn Ave, Toronto
- The Bentway Skate Trail
- Spray Lake Ice Skating Trail, 18205 Keele Street, King Twp
2. City of Toronto Outdoor Skating Rinks
- City Maintained Rinks: City of Toronto has 54 outdoor artificial refrigerated ice rink locations, and many of them have the season extended until March, weather permitting. General hours of operation for City-run outdoor rinks are 9:00 am to 10:00 pm, seven days a week. Details
- Skating Trails Maintained by City of Toronto:
- Rennie Park, 1 Rennie Ter
- Colonel Samuel Smith Park, 3145 Lake Shore W Blvd
- College Park, 420 Yonge St, 455 Cosburn Ave
- Dieppe Park, 455 Cosburn Ave
- Greenwood Park, 150 Greenwood Ave
- McCowan District Park, 150 Mccowan Rd
- Evergreen Brick Works: picturesque outdoor skating rink 550 Bayview Ave, Toronto (Closed for public skating due to COVID-19)
- Harbourfront Centre: Natrel Rink – Closed for 2020 – 2021 Season
- Bentway Skate Trail
- The Bentway Skate Trail: The Bentway transforms into a uniquely urban winter wonderland with the December 18 opening of its 220 metre skate trail.
3. Region Of Durham Outdoor Skating Rinks
**Only official rinks (maintained by the city/town/organisations) are listed.**
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Pickering
None [Village East Park, east of Valley Farm Road, on Pickering Parkway was removed.]
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Ajax
- Pat Bayly Square, 55 Bayly St. W. – Details
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Town of Whitby
Outdoor Skating Rinks in City of Oshawa
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Clarington
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Uxbridge
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Township of Scugog
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Township of Brock
4. York Region Outdoor Skating Rinks
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Markham
- Markham Civic Centre Ice –101 Town Centre Boulevard, north-west corner of Highway 7 and Warden Ave
- Volunteer Skate Rinks. Details
- Toogood Pond, located on Carlton Road, west of Main Street Unionville (Caution: Ice needs to be at least 15 cm thick).
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Richmond Hill
- Mill Pond – natural ice of Mill Pond
- Crosby Park Rink – Crosby Park baseball diamond
- Richmond Green Skate Trail, 1300 Elgin Mills Road East, Richmond Hill
- Rouge Crest Park (on the basketball court), 147 Rothbury Road
- Town Park, 102 Centre St E, Richmond Hill
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Vaughan
- Chancellor Outdoor Rink, 350 Ansley Grove Road, Woodbridge
- Dufferin Clark Outdoor Rink, 1441 Clark Avenue West, Thornhill
- Father E. Bulfon Outdoor Rink, 8141 Martin Grove Rd., Woodbridge
- Garnet A. Williams Outdoor Rink, 501 Clark Avenue West, Thornhill
- Vellore Village Outdoor Rink, 1 Villa Royale Avenue, Woodbridge
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Aurora
- Ada Johnson Park
- Confederation Park
- Machell Park
- Town Park.
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Newmarket
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Whitchurch Stouffville
- Gar Lehman Park
- Greenwood Park
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Georgina
- The ROC Rink, 26479 Civic Centre Road, Keswick
- Pefferlaw Ice Pad, 38 Pete’s Lane, Pefferlaw
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Town of East Gwillimbury
- Holland Landing at Ridgeview Park (126 Dog Wood Boulevard)
- Mount Albert Community Centre (53 Main Street)
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Township of King
- Cold Creek Conservation Area, 14125 11th Concession
- Nobleton Community Park, 15 Old King Road
- Memorial Park, 25 Doctors Lane
- Spray Lake Ice Skating Trail, 18205 Keele Street, King Twp
5. Region of Peel Outdoor Skating Rinks
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Mississauga
- Mississauga Celebration Square Ice Rink, 300 City Centre Drive
- Burnhamthorpe Community Centre Outdoor Covered Rink, 1500 Gulleden Drive
- Woodhurst Heights Park Outdoor Skating Rink, 3475 Ash Row Crescent
- + more than 30 outdoor natural skating rinks maintained by volunteers.
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Brampton
- Gage Park Outdoor Skating Trail, Main St. S. and Wellington St. W. in Downtown Brampton
- Mount Pleasant Outdoor Skating Rink, 100 Commuter Drive at Bovarid/Mount Pleasant
- Gore Meadows Covered Outdoor Skating Rink
- Chinguacousy Park Skating Recreational Trail
- Flower City Community Campus Outdoor Skating Rink
- Valleybrook Park Outdoor Synthetic Skating Rink
- Morris Kerbel Park Outdoor Skating Rink
- Earnscliffe Park Outdoor Skating Rink
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Caledon
- Ralph’s Rink and John’s Rink, Caledon Centre for Recreation and Wellness, 14111 Regional Rd. 50
- Caledon Civic Campus, 6311 Old Church Rd
- Community RinksAlton Community Park (behind the library) – 35 Station St.
Adam Wallace Park – 128 Cedargrove Rd.
Inglewood Lloyd Wilson Centennial Park – 15551 McLaughlin Rd.
Mills John W. Nichols Park – 10 Simcoe St.
Palgrave Rotary Park – 17267 Hwy 50.
VillageJohn Clarkson Park – 415 Dougall Ave.
Lina Marino Park – 105 Valleywood Blvd.
- Island Lake Conservation Area
- Terra Cotta Conservation Area
6. Region of Halton Outdoor Skating Rinks
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Burlington
Rotary Centennial Pond, 1340 Lakeshore Road, Burlington
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Oakville
- Trafalgar Park (Refrigerated – Open Mid December to March), 133 Rebecca St, Oakville
- Bloomfield Park – West Oak Trails
- Clearview Park – Clearview
- Glenashton Park – Iroquois Ridge
- Langtry Park – Glen Abbey (west of Third Line)
- Millbank Park – Uptown Core
- Nautical Park – South West Oakville
- Nottinghill Park – Glen Abbey (east of Third Line)
- Sixteen Hollow Park – West Oak Trails
- Wallace Park – South Central Oakville – outdoor lighting until 11 p.m.
- Windrush Park – Glen Abbey (east of Third Line)
- Coronation Park
- Fowley Park
- George Savage Park
- Glen Abbey basketball court
- Sixteen Mile Sports Complex
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Milton
(TBA for 2020-21)
- Campbellville Ball Park, 105 Campbell Avenue East, Milton
- Rotary Park, 100 Garden Lane, Milton
Outdoor Skating Rinks in Halton Hills
- 3 Musketears Park Ice Pad, 415 Queen Street East (Hwy. 7) Acton
- Georgetown Fairgrounds, #2 1 Park Avenue Georgetown
- Prospect Park, 30 Park Avenue, Acton