Even though the Public Library locations are closed, Regina Public Library provides plenty of free services that you can access without you ever having to set foot in a “physical” location.
Don’t have a library card? Get one online!
Here are 10 of the best free services to help you through social distancing:
1. Get access to News from around the World: Your library is a great resource to all national and regional events. The PressReader will give you access to thousands of top newspapers and magazines from around the world.
2. Learn to play an instrument: Learn to play musical instruments with step-by-step instructions and lessons video lessons led by experts. It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or advanced, you can get access to self-paced music and art lessons.
3. Watch free movies:
Be it classic movies or informative documentaries, a Regina Public Library card will give you access to plenty of content to watch with the following video services:
- hoopla digital – watch up to 6 movies per month with 3-day loan period.
- Kanopy– watch up to 10 items per month with 3-day loan period
- NFB Campus – National Film Board of Canada (NFB)
Watch classical music performances, opera, ballet, live concerts, and documentaries via Naxos Video Library.
Business Source Elite covers a variety of topics such as finance, business, sales, marketing and more.
5. Prepare for tests: Need to sit for IELTS? You can prepare for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam with interactive learning modules.
Use library resources to get find a new job or switch careers. Write an effective resumé and cover letter using Cypress Resume.
6. Learn a new language: Learn a new language through Mango Languages.
You may like:
7. Study through Online Help: Get free access to live, online tutoring from 3:00pm to 12:00am, every day via Brainfuse.
8. Stream music in every genre: Play great music from every genre on your favourite device. You can access them via
9. Research your heritage: Search for local and family histories with guides, interactive census maps, and more. Genealogical and historical sources for more than 60 countries are available via HeritageQuest.
10. Read a magazine or a book: Download a variety of magazines and ebooks. eBooks are available from:
- TumbleBook Library
- Naxos Spoken Word
- RBdigital Magazines
- NoveList Plus – find your next read.
Listen to audiobooks via AudioBookCloud.