See here for Coronavirus updates in Saskatchewan.
- Saskatchewan to Close Schools From March 20 Indefinitely
- What to Do If You Think You Have Coronavirus
Update March 31
- Limiting of indoor and outdoor gatherings to no more than 10 people, except for families in the same household, and where critical public and business services are conducted.
- All businesses not identified as critical public services will be closed.
What is Open in Regina
- Public transit will be operational with increased cleaning protocols – Regina Transit has waived fares and passengers should enter and exit from back door of the bus. Effective Monday, March 23, Weekday service will be replaced by the Saturday service schedule. Service on Saturdays will run on a Sunday service schedule. Sunday and holidays will remain at the same service level.
- The city of Regina has declared a state of emergency: Gatherings more than twenty five people are banned. All bars, restaurants, and nightclubs must close. Takeout and delivery options are permitted (list).
- Retailers may remain open assuming appropriate precautions are taken.
- Saskatchewan has introduced stricter measures with mandatory self-isolation and will shut down everything except take-out restaurants and daycares with a maximum of 8 kids from March 23.
- Fire & Protective Services
- Garbage & Recycling Collection – Bag your garbage, ensure accessible cart placement, do not overfill or place used tissues in the bin. If you’re sick: place ANY item that has come into contact with your mouth, nose or eyes into the garbage – even items that you normally place into your Blue Cart or Bin (eg. water/beverage bottles, pop cans, milk/juice cartons, etc.)
- Water & Sewer Services
- Landfill Operations
- Winter Maintenance
- Cemetery Services
What will remain closed in Regina
In accordance with directives from public health authorities, few festivals, and events across Regina are being postponed and cancelled to prevent an outbreak of COVID-19.
- Regina’s City Hall
- City-owned playgrounds, dog parks, skateboard parks, picnic sites and basketball, tennis and pickleball courts are closed.
- All gyms, fitness centres, casinos and bingo halls.
- RCMP Heritage Centre
- Casino Regina to close effective 4 a.m. on March 17, 2020
- Effective Tuesday, March 17, the City of Regina will be closing recreation facilities, community centres and City Hall until further notice. City events are postponed, and registered programs, council meetings and committee meetings are temporarily cancelled.
- All Regina Public Library branches will be closed effective March 16, 9pm. Due dates and hold shelf expiry dates will be extended, and fines will be suspended during this time.
- All ice arenas including Brandt Centre and the Co-operators Centre
- Neil Balkwill Civic Arts Centre
- North West Leisure Centre
- Sandra Schmirler Leisure Centre
- Sportplex (Fieldhouse & Lawson Aquatic Centre)
- Neighbourhood Centres (Glencairn Neighbourhood Centre, Core Richie Neighbourhood Centre, Cathedral Neighbourhood Centre, South Leisure Centre)
- Community-Operated Centres (Arcola East Community Centre, Uplands Community Centre, North East Community Centre, Eastview Community Centre, Argyle Park Community Centre, Regina Senior Citizens Centre)
- All Regina Public Library locations
- Douglas Park Washroom Facility
- Regina Floral Conservatory
- Saskatchewan Science Centre, Kramer IMAX Theatre, and Atom + Geek Science Shop will be closed.
- Royal Saskatchewan Museum
- Cineplex Theatres
- Landmark Theatres
- Globe Theatre
- The Exchange
- The Artesian
Here is a list of events across Regina that have been cancelled or postponed.
- All Regina Pats games cancelled
- All Saskatchewan Rush games cancelled until further notice- All NLL games suspended.
- Creative City Centre Life Drawing Sessions on Tuesday nights
- The following shows at Conexus Arts Centre has been cancelled/postponed
- She Rocks: The Women of Rock on March 18, 2020 – cancelled
- The Glorious Sons on March 20, 2020 – postponed
- The Golden Age of Hollywood on March 21, 2020 – cancelled
- Singing for my survival: How my music saved my life in the Holocaust on March 30, 2020 – postponed
- Jesse Cook on March 31, 2020 – postponed
- Peppa Pig Live! on April 1, 2020 – postponed
- Alice Cooper on April 13, 2020 – postponed
- The following shows at Casino Regina Show Lounge has been cancelled
- MacKenzie Art Gallery will be closed temporarily until further notice.
- Regina Symphony Orchestra has cancelled events on March 14 & 21, 2020
- Heritage Regina has postponed all upcoming lectures, stained-glass workshops and our reception until the early fall.
- parkrun Canada has cancelled all events until the end of March