This Valentines day, surprise your partner with a getaway to one of the amazing places in Saskatchewan! Here are 11 perfect places for your Saskatchewan winter romantic getaway!
1. Cowboy Comfort’ Winter Romance
Spend a warm, wintry weekend cuddled up in one of the Historic Reesor Ranch’s cozy cabins after a fun day at the Ranch with activities that include: tobogganing, snowshoeing (snowshoes available at the Ranch), wildlife viewing, and cross-country skiing or snowmobiling for those who bring their own. Near to Hidden Valley Ski Hill, in Elkwater, Cypress Hills, it’s also the perfect place to spend a night after a day on the slopes.
2. Moose Mountain Candle-Lit Ski
Plan a trip to Moose Mountain Provincial Parkand enjoy cross-country skiing both classic and freestyle or snow shoeing on the 3.2 km Riding Academy Trail, lit with soft candle glow, bathed in the moonlight shining from above. Warm up by the campfire and have a hotdog and cup of hot cocoa provided by Saskatchewan Parks on Friday, February 14, 2020 at 7 PM – 9 PM!
3. Winter Adventures
If your Valentine is adventurous, Cumberland House may be the perfect getaway for you! Rest your head in beautiful and rustic log buildings at night and spend your days out in a winter wonderland. With ice fishing, snow shoeing, and cross country skiing, this place has everything for the active couple! Contact Big Eddy Camp/Endurance Adventures today to set your trip up!
4. Head to the Paris of the Prairies.
Saskatoon is a wonderful choice for Valentines Day. Amazing food, plenty of options for activities, stunning views of the river, and relaxing hotels make it the perfect choice for a vacation OR a staycation. The Delta Bessborough is an amazing choice for a great place to stay. One of the city’s most historic and awe inspiring landmarks, the hotel is a work of art in of itself but it also offers gorgeous views of the river. Take a few days for a romantic getaway here. Enjoy the spa, the great food at its attached Japanese restaurant, The Samurai, walk around the downtown neighbourhood, and enjoy the beauty. Don’t forget your skates though! The Bessborough rink is one of the top places for skating in Canada!
5. The Dead Sea of Canada!Manitou Springs Resort and Mineral Spa is a great way to forget your worries and pamper yourselves. The legend claims that these waters are both healing and nourishing. Stay at the resort and enjoy the proximity to the legendary waters. It doesn’t get better than this.
6. Treat her like a Queen in the Queen City!
If Regina is more your style, there is no better place to stay than the Hotel Saskatchewan. A beautiful hotel is the first step towards an amazing trip and this fulfills all requirements. It’s the perfect place to rest your head after a long day of checking out all Regina has to offer. Enjoy amazing food at restaurants like and nerd out together at the Science Center. Don’t forget to take in an Imax movie while you’re there. You can catch either a blockbuster or something educational. No matter your valentine’s interests, there is always something that will draw them in. Don’t forget the popcorn!
7. Moose JawMoose Jawis one of the true hidden jems of Saskatchewan and such an exciting place to spend Valentines. Spend the day in The Tunnels of Moose Jaw and learn all about Al Capone’s bootlegging operation. When you’re finished touring, head to the spa and relax in their internationally renowned waters. If you’re looking for rest and relaxation, Moose Jaw is the perfect fit! And with a touch of exciting history, how can you resist?
8. Elk Ridge Resort
Anyone who has had the pleasure of visiting the Elk Ridge Resort in Waskeseiu sings its praises for ages. The views alone are stunning and jaw dropping. Although many may expect summer to be its best season, there is no doubt that winter is beyond beautiful here. Elk Ridge is the perfect intimate get away for you and your valentine. If you’re looking to cozy up in the most stunning setting around, you’ve found it.
9. Mission Ridge Winter Park.Most people head west when they want to dust off their skis or snowboard. If you’re a sporty couple but only have a couple of days free for Valentines, Mission Ridge Winter Park is a great place to spend Valentines Day on the slopes close to home! Mission Ridge is in Fort Qu’Appelle and there are many places to stay near by. It’s the perfect place to get quality time on the hill AND with your partner!
10. Head North!
Nothing is quite as beautiful as Northern Saskatchewan lake country. Thompson’s Camps is a perfect example, located on Otter Lake in the townsite of Missinipe and north of La Ronge. Snowmobiling and snowshoeing are the most popular winter activities here, other than gazing at the beauty that is. Stay in an intimate and cozy cabin and head in for the gourmet chef’s delicious treats whenever the desire emerges. A cabin for two for the weekend can be as little as $300!
11. Hide-Away in the Hills.
A trip to Cypress Hills is always amazing and memorable and winter makes that no different. Spend your valentines partaking in local yoga classes, enjoying outside activities like tobogganing and cross country skiing to only name a few. Relax and unwind for 2 nights by the fire in one of the comfortable 2 bedroom Townhouses of The Resort at Cypress Hills.
You may like: