A must visit winter festival in Canada, the 38th season of the Ontario Power Generation Winter Festival of Lights transforms Niagara Falls into a winter wonderland.
Here is the list of ten things to do during the Festival:
1. Drive along 8km Illumination route that travels along the stunningly beautiful Niagara Parkway. See awe-inspiring three-dimensional displays across Queen Victoria Park, Oakes Garden Theatre, the Floral Showhouse, Table Rock Centre.
2. Say hello to Santa Claus! The Niagara Falls Santa Claus Paradewill feature colourful floats, mascots, entertainers.
3. Tune your car-radio to 100.5FM and enjoy a spectacular sound and light show with holiday music at Toronto Power Generating Station that is adorned with 72 programmable DMX lights.
4. Explore the annual Christmas flower showat the Floral Showhouse featuring poinsettias, cyclamen, azaleas, Christmas cactus and paperwhite narcissus, and many other Christmas surprises.
5. Take a leisurely drive and enjoy larger-than-life reindeer, teddy bears, ornaments and a deLIGHTful 30+ foot tree at Glow Gardens – Drive Thru Light Festival.
6. Escape the cold and welcome the lush greenery replete with fluttering butterflies from all over the world. With over 60 species of butterflies, the Butterfly Conservatory is a great visit for the young and the old.
7. Enjoy delicious dinner as you enjoy the incredible, multi-coloured water and light masterpiece, that is Niagara Falls from Table Rock Restaurant.
8. See a breathtaking magic show that features illusions that are both one of a kind and internationally renowned, performed by the International Grand Champion of Magic, Greg Frewin.
9. Welcome 2021 at Niagara Falls (TBA).
10. Go on a winery tour and sip your way through premium VQA Wines and Ice Wines from Niagara’s exceptional wineries.
No fee to view the illuminations but donations are gratefully accepted by Festival Ambassadors at the exit of Dufferin Islands.
WHEN & WHERE
Venue: The Festival’s illumination route is over 8 kilometres in length and travels through the Niagara Parks, Dufferin Islands and into the surrounding tourist areas. See Map
Trip Planning at Niagara Falls:
Public transport: WEGO Accessible.
More to Do:
New Year’s Eve in Niagara Falls