The 36th season of the Ontario Power Generation Winter Festival of Lights that kicks off on November 3rd 2018 is a must visit winter festival in Canada that transforms Niagara Falls into a winter wonderland.
1. Enjoy For the first time ever, Niagara Falls will host the Cascades of Fire International Fireworks Competition during WFOL. Presented over 6 weekend nights in November, Cascades of Fire will feature 18-minute pyrotechnic shows synchronized to music.
2. Drive along 8km Illumination route that travels along the stunningly beautiful Niagara Parkway. See awe-inspiring three-dimensional displays across Queen Victoria Park, Oakes Garden Theatre, the Floral Showhouse, Table Rock Centre.
3. Tune your car-radio to 100.5FM and enjoy a spectacular sound and light show at Toronto Power Generating Station that is adorned with 72 programmable DMX lights!
4. Be mesmerized at the The Fallsview Sound & Light Show on the façade of the Oakes Hotel on Fallsview Boulevard featuring visual effects with a kaleidoscope of colour & texture treatments, visual transitions with dynamic music and sound.
5. Go on a Deck the Falls Holiday Walking Tour and each location offers different activities including culinary and gourmet food sampling, holiday beverages, entertainers, desserts and treats, fun photo opportunities, life-size games, live music entertainment, craft workshops, ice sculptures and more!
6. Rock out with the stars at Festival of Stars. This December, country and pop performers come together for three concerts highlighting more than 40 years of hits. Headlining this year is Irish singing sensation Daniel O’Donnell, with his band and special guest, Mary Duff.
7. Say hello to Santa Claus! The Niagara Falls Santa Claus Parade will feature fabulous bands, colourful floats, mascots, entertainers.
9. Enjoy fireworks over the Falls illuminating cold winter nights.
10. Sip your way through premium VQA Wines and Icewines from over 20 of Niagara’s exceptional wineries during Niagara Icewine Festival.
No fee to view the illuminations but donations are gratefully accepted by Festival Ambassadors at the exit of Dufferin Islands.
Festival of Stars Concerts: $42 & up
WHEN & WHERE
Illumination: Nightly November 3rd, 2018 to January 31st, 2019
5:00 PM – Midnight
Venue: The Festival’s illumination route is over 8 kilometres in length and travels through the Niagara Parks, Dufferin Islands and into the surrounding tourist areas. See Map
Fallsview Sound & Light Show
Date & Time: Friday to Sunday, November 3rd – January 31st, the show plays on a loop from dusk to 10:30PM.
Venue: The Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls, 6546 Fallsview Blvd. Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3W2
Fireworks over the Falls
Saturday, November 3rd – WFOL Opening Ceremonies fireworks | 8:00 & 9:00PM
Fridays, November 9, 16, 23, 30 December 7, 14, 21, 28, 2018 | 9PM
Cascades of Fire: November 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18, 2018 | 9PM
Nightly: December 22 to 30, 2018 | 9PM
New Years Eve: Monday, December 31st, 2018 | 9PM & Midnight
Fridays, January 4, 11, 18 & 25, 2019 | 9PM
Festival of Stars : December 3 – 4, 2018 @ Meridian Centre, 1 IceDogs Way, St. Catharines
Niagara Icewine Festival: January 25 – 27, 2019 @ Various Venues
Trip Planning at Niagara Falls:
Public transport: WEGO Accessible.
More to Do:
New Year’s Eve in Niagara Falls