A must visit winter festival in Canada, the 37th season of the Ontario Power Generation Winter Festival of Lights that kicks off on November 16th 2019, transforms Niagara Falls into a winter wonderland.
1. Join for the kick-off ceremony: Enjoy family-friendly entertainment in Queen Victoria Park just steps from the mighty Niagara Falls at Queen Victoria Park.
2. Drive along 8km Illumination route that travels along the stunningly beautiful Niagara Parkway. See awe-inspiring three-dimensional displays across Queen Victoria Park, Oakes Garden Theatre, the Floral Showhouse, Table Rock Centre.
3. Say hello to Santa Claus! The Niagara Falls Santa Claus Parade will feature fabulous bands, colourful floats, mascots, entertainers.
4. Tune your car-radio to 100.5FM and enjoy a spectacular sound and light show with holiday music by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra at Toronto Power Generating Station that is adorned with 72 programmable DMX lights.
5. Experience the lights and sound show that uses visual effects with a kaleidoscope of colour and texture treatments, visual transitions, with the addition of dynamic music and sound. The city-facing side of the Oakes Hotel will serve as the canvas for the Festival’s innovative projection lighting technology.
6. Explore the annual Christmas flower show at the Floral Showhouse featuring poinsettias, cyclamen, azaleas, Christmas cactus and paperwhite narcissus, and many other Christmas surprises.
7. Enjoy a thrilling high-paced spectacle of world-class ice skating and holiday cheer. Fallsview Casino’s Christmas On Ice features a winter wonderland of national championship ice skaters, dancers and singers that will fill you with the magic of the season.
10. Sip your way through premium VQA Wines and Ice Wines from over 20 of Niagara’s exceptional wineries during Niagara Icewine Festival.
No fee to view the illuminations but donations are gratefully accepted by Festival Ambassadors at the exit of Dufferin Islands.
WHEN & WHERE
Venue: The Festival’s illumination route is over 8 kilometres in length and travels through the Niagara Parks, Dufferin Islands and into the surrounding tourist areas. See Map
Fallsview Sound & Light Show @ Oakes Hotel , 6546 Fallsview Blvd, Niagara Falls
Thursdays to Sundays from November 16, 2019 to January 12, 2020
Festive animation on the building – 6PM to 9PM
Feature 3D Mapping Show: 7 PM & 8PM
Niagara Icewine Festival: January 10 – 26, 2020 @ Various Venues
Trip Planning at Niagara Falls:
Public transport: WEGO Accessible.
Free Shuttle: Shuttles run on Fridays and Saturdays starting November 22 until January 11 from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. Daily shuttles run from December 22 until January 5, excluding December 24, 25 and 31.
More to Do:
New Year’s Eve in Niagara Falls