The 35th season of the Ontario Power Generation Winter Festival of Lights that kicks off on November 18th 2017 is a must visit winter festival in Canada that transforms Niagara Falls into a winter wonderland.
1. Drive along 8km Illumination route that travels along the stunningly beautiful Niagara Parkway. See awe-inspiring three-dimensional displays of Canadian Wildlife, ranging in height from 4’ to 11’ tall at Dufferin Islands.
2. Tune your car-radio to 100.5FM and enjoy a spectacular sound and light show at Toronto Power Generating Station that is adorned with 72 programmable DMX lights!
3. Be mesmerized at the The Fallsview Sound & Light Show on the façade of the Oakes Hotel on Fallsview Boulevard featuring visual effects with a kaleidoscope of colour & texture treatments, visual transitions with dynamic music and sound.
4. Go on a Deck the Falls Holiday Walking Tour and each location offers different activities including culinary and gourmet food sampling, holiday beverages, entertainers, desserts and treats, fun photo opportunities, life-size games, live music entertainment, craft workshops, ice sculptures and more!
5. Rock out with the stars at Festival of Stars. This year, travel back to the ‘50s, ‘60s, and ‘70s, for three concerts of your favourite music.
© Winter Festival of Lights
6. See spectacular Laser Light Shows at various locations.
7. See Niagara Falls illuminated with energy efficient LED light displays.
9. Enjoy fireworks over the Falls illuminating cold winter nights.
10. Sip your way through premium VQA Wines and Icewines from over 20 of Niagara’s exceptional wineries during Niagara Icewine Festival.
No fee to view the illuminations but donations are gratefully accepted by Festival Ambassadors at the exit of Dufferin Islands (suggested contribution $5 – $10 per car; bus groups $1/person).
Festival of Stars Concerts: $42 & up
Niagara Icewine Festival: ticketed event – Varies with the event.
WHEN & WHERE
Illumination: Nightly November 18th, 2017 to January 31st, 2018
5:00 PM – Midnight
Venue: The Festival’s illumination route is over 8 kilometres in length and travels through the Niagara Parks, Dufferin Islands and into the surrounding tourist areas. See Map
Fallsview Sound & Light Show
Date & Time: Friday to Sunday, November 19th – January 31st, the show plays on a loop from dusk to 10:30PM.
Venue: The Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls, 6546 Fallsview Blvd. Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3W2
Laser Light Shows
Nightly from December 22, 2017 to January 7, 2018 | 5:30, 6:30, 7:30 & 8:30PM @ Victoria Avenue Promenade at the top of Clifton Hill
Fireworks over the Falls
Saturday, November 18th (WFOL Opening Ceremonies) | 09:00 PM
Fridays: November 24, December 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, 2017 | 09:00 PM
Nightly: Dec. 23 to Dec. 29 | 09:00 PM
New Years Eve: Sunday, December 31st at Midnight
January 5, 12, 19 & 26, 2018 | 09:00 PM
Festival of Stars : December 3 – 4, 2017 @Club Italia, 2525 Montrose Rd, Niagara Falls
Niagara Icewine Festival: January 26 – 27, 2018 @ Various Venues
Trip Planning at Niagara Falls:
Public transport: WEGO Accessible.
More to Do:
New Year’s Eve in Niagara Falls