If you are looking for free fun things to do on a date with your special someone, here are 25 free date ideas in Toronto.
- Toronto Ghost tour: Try something a little spooky with your date and embark on a free self-guided walking tour provided by Toronto Ghost & Haunting Research society. This itinerary will not only let you cover a lot of ground of the city but share haunting secrets and stories!
- The Art Gallery of Ontario: Experience the wonder of the changing galleries and beauty found in the Art Gallery of Ontario with your significant other. If you choose Wednesday night, admission is totally free from 6-9! Even special exhibitions are discounted during Free Wednesday Nights.
- Allan Gardens: For a tranquil date, explore the 100-year-old garden filled greenhouse that is open year-round. Enjoy the peace and quiet as you learn about the different botany together.
- Free concerts: From late September through May, surprise your date with an intimate and stunning performances from the Canadian Opera Company at the Richard Bradshaw Amphitheatre. Then during summer, you are spoilt for choices as free live concerts take place across the city.
- Graffiti Alley: A must see in the city, Graffiti Alley showcases some of the trendiest and coolest art around. Stroll through with your date taking in the sights and sounds and snapping a few pics to commemorate!
- St Lawrence Market: Spend a day weaving in and out of the historic St Lawrence Market enjoy and learning about the 120 vendors, merchants and artisans that has been running in Toronto for 208 years.
- Rouge Park: Get outside and hike this natural and agricultural landscape home to some amazing biodiversity the area has to offer!
- Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library: Is your partner a book worm? Explore this old building together each crevice oozing with history.
- Kensington Market: Kensington Market is known to be one of the hippest and vibrant markets Toronto has to offer! Take in the sites as you window shop all the different options.
- High Park: This park boasts 161 hectors of mixed natural and recreational space. A pretty perfect spot to walk along the water, pack a picnic or play some sports together!
- Drake Hotel: Throughout the month, you will be lucky to find plenty of free live music gigs offered for you and your dates enjoyment!
- Distillery District: A favourite amongst locals, this historical neighbourhood is the perfect place to explore as its full of interesting architecture, street art and cobble stones!
- Scarborough Bluffs: Enjoy a pretty walk along the Bluffs, a pretty water front stroll enjoying the views of the towering bluffs. A worthwhile view after a romantic stroll.
- Trinity BellWoods Park: This large green space is a wonderful gathering place amongst city locals, and an even better gathering for a cute outdoor date! Spend the afternoon strolling around the park, people watch or go for a dip in the outdoor pool during the warmer months.
- Bata Shoe Museum: Explore shoes throughout the ages with your special someone! An interesting and unique exhibit, get in for free on Thursdays (PWYC)!
- Window Shop in Yorkville: Known as the most expensive block in the city, this neighbourhood is known for its architecture, boutiques and galleries. It’s a great spot to day dream of the upscale life with your date window shopping!
- Riverdale Farm: This 7 acre farm is a perfect city escape when you and your date need to connect with nature again! Enjoy the company of cows, horses, sheep, chickens and more completely free!
- Tommy Thompson Park: Pack water bottles and few snacks and head to this park which is an excellent birdwatching location with multitude of hiking trails.
- China town: A bustling neighbourhood in downtown Toronto, China town is a visually stunning and exciting place to wander around and explore! See the fun markets, food stalls and stores that make up this unique neighbourhood.
- Be students again: The University of Toronto is a real hub of the city. It’s a bustling and exciting place to spend the afternoon people watching, exploring and maybe if you and your date are lucky, auditing an interesting class!
- Canada’s Walk of Fame: Strut your stuff with other famous Canadians on the walk of fame! There are 157 plaques including Alexander Graham Bell, William Shanter and Paul Anka!
- Woodbine Beach: One of the largest beaches in Toronto, Woodbine Beach always offers free, recreational volley ball courts! Get your hands on a ball and spend the day getting sweaty on the beach!
- Free Guided Tour: Be a tourist in the city and take a free guided tour of Toronto neighbourhoods. Get paired up with a “local” and have them show you points of interest as well as their favourite Toronto spots.
- Enjoy Toronto Attractions for Free: Get the Map Pass and explore many attractions like Aga Khan Museum, Toronto Zoo for Free.
- Open Houses: We know that Toronto real estate is one of the most expensive in the city and very few can afford them. But that shouldn’t prevent you from planning or getting few ideas how to decorate the space you live in. Visit expensive houses on sale during Open house days!
If you looking for Free events to attend with your date, here is a list of 10 free upcoming events:
You may like: