Alberta’s premier art gallery, the Art Gallery of Alberta will reopenon June 4.
The AGA will offer exclusive admission to members during the opening weekend and will be open to all from June 11th, 2020.
Admission is by pre-booked tickets.
Art Gallery has put various health and safety measures in place, including:
- Reduced capacity in all our spaces to ensure safe physical distancing
- Facilitating physical distancing with floor decals, directional markers and signage
- Staff in public spaces will be wearing masks and/or face shields
- Plexiglass barriers will be installed at key guest service areas
- Handwashing facilities or hand sanitizer stations on every floor and at the main entrance
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting throughout the AGA
- Closing all high touch and interactive areas.
- This includes:BMO World of Creativity Children’s Gallery
- Removing all furniture
- Not providing guest wheelchairs at this time
- Zinc Restaurant (will reopen in near future)
- Shop AGA -Email to book a Concierge Shopping Experience
- Art Rental & Sales (Available by appointment only with curbside pick-up).
Art Gallery of Alberta Reopening
The current exhibitions at the Gallery include:
Damian Moppett: Untitled Abstract Drawing in Space
March 17, 2020 – December 31, 2024
With funds from an Alberta Foundation for the Arts Public Art Commission grant, the Art Gallery of Alberta has commissioned Canadian artist Damian Moppett to create an installation for long-term display in the AGA Atrium.
Leiden circa 1630: Rembrandt Emerges
March 7 – June 14, 2020
In commemoration of the 350th anniversary of the death of Rembrandt, this exhibition explores the artist’s formative years in Leiden.
Roy Caussy: The King is Dead…
March 7 – June 14, 2020
This exhibition is both a sympathetic and celebratory mourning of the fading power and influence of Baby boomers. Roy Caussy examines some of this generation’s legacies like the creation of systems that now dictate most aspects of our lives.
Nests for the End of the World
January 25 – June 30, 2020
For this thought-provoking exhibition, the AGA commissioned artists to envision and create a ‘nest’ to cope with the end of the world; however it may come about.
In Golden Light: Orthodox Icons from Annunciation to Ascension
December 7, 2019 – June 30, 2020
This special exhibition features a selection of painted Christian icons that date from the 17th to the 19th centuries, with origins in Greece, Serbia and Russia.
August 31, 2019 – June 30, 2020
The exhibition, Re:Calculations, features a selection of recent acquisitions of contemporary art that speaks to a contemporary world that is calculated, digitized and constructed.
‘Pay what you May’ admission for the month of June to all essential service workers and those in the arts and culture sector.
AGA members: Free
Seniors (65+): $10
Out of province students: $10
Alberta students: Pay what you May
Minors under 18 years: Free
June 4-6: Members’ Preview
June 11 on: All Visitors
Open Thursday to Saturday by pre-booked ticket.
11am-12 pm Vulnerable and at-risk people
12-5pm All Visitors
Art Gallery of Alberta
2 Sir Winston Churchill Square
Canada T5J 2C1