The Spot Prawn Festival is back for 2021! Chefs’ Table Society of BC (CTS) and The Pacific Prawn Fishermen’s Association (PPFA) have “deconstructed” the much-loved annual event that was missed in 2020 due to the pandemic. A safe COVID-19 friendly format has been created for 2021.
CTS would like nothing more than to serve guests in-person at Fisherman’s Wharf but this year chowder can be enjoyed from the comfort of home.
Virtual Spot Prawn event on Saturday, May 29, 2021, will mimic the annual Spot Prawn Festival demo-stage at home. Guests will learn directly from spot prawn loving BC Chefs how to cook a 3-course meal at home.
- Chef Angus An’s, (Maenam, Vancouver), BC Spot Prawn Salad with Chili Jam
- Chefs Ned Bell & Stacy Johnston’s, (Naramata Inn, Okanagan), Perfect + Chilled Wild BC Spot Prawn
- Chef Ken Nakano’s, (Aura Waterfront Restaurant + Patio located at Inn at Laurel Point, Victoria) BBQ BC Spot Prawns
Funds raised from Spot Prawn Festival will support Chefs’ Table Society of BC initiatives such as culinary scholarships and the legacy project CTS Culinary Library.
Spot Prawn 2021 Chowder
Due to the pandemic, Chefs’ Table Society is not able to serve up hot chowder at Fisherman’s Wharf in-person.
Instead, to keep the tradition alive, Chefs’ Table will be offering frozen chowder made with spot prawns and other sustainable seafoods starting May 14, 2021 (the opening of the Spot Prawn season) at participating retails.
Funds raised will go towards Chefs’ Table Society initiatives such as culinary scholarships and the legacy project CTS Culinary Library.
Details on where you can purchase and support to be announced.
Recipes – Chefs’ Table Society chefs have built a repository of delicious spot prawn recipes for you to try in your kitchen.
Virtual Spot Prawn event: $28.21
A ticket for this event gets you:
- A grocery list to purchase all necessary ingredients (for 4 servings)
- An equipment list for the tools you’ll need
- Access to instructional demo videos for you to use before (or after) the live Q&A
- A live Q&A and hang-out with Chefs An, Bell and Nakano PLUS Spot Prawn Festival founder and Order of Canada Recipient Chef Robert Clark! The host for the evening will be lover of spot prawns and everything local Lien Yeung, CBC Vancouver News Anchor/Reporter.
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time:
Spot Prawn 2021 Chowder available from May 14, 2021 at participating retailers
Virtual Spot Prawn event on Saturday, May 29, 2021 | 10:00 PM – 11:00 PM