Every April to October, Ontario’s heritage treasures are open to the public with free events across the province. Whether you are exploring on your own, organizing an outing with family and friends, or planning a first date, Doors Open Ontario has something for everyone.
From historical houses to modern marvels of construction, Doors Open Ontario showcases the buildings, natural spaces, infrastructure and cultural landscapes that shape and define our communities.
Since the program was launched in 2002, over 7.3 seven million visits have been made to thousands of unique buildings and spaces. The Doors Open Ontario program also has a big impact on local communities, with participants spending more than $13.1 million during their travels in 2017 as they learned about heritage conservation, local history and had fun.
Doors Open Ontario 2019 encompasses 36 events including more than 900 built and natural heritage sites across the province. At each event, local programmers will share unique and interesting Ontario stories, take Ontarians behind-the-scenes of stunning heritage sites and provide one endless adventure to Ontarians from across the province.
2019 Doors Open Ontario Dates
- Guelph (April 27)
- Whitchurch-Stouffville (June 1)
- Northumberland County (June 1 – 2)
- Ottawa (June 1-2)
- Owen Sound (June 1)
- Clarington (June 8)
- Erin (June 8)
- Aurora (August 17)
- Cornwall (August 17 -18)
- Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry (August 17 -18)
- Markham (September 7)
- Kawartha Lakes (September 8)
- Mississauga (September 14)
- Quinte West (September 14)
- Smiths Falls (September 14)
- Highlands East (September 14 – 15)
- London (September 14-15)
- Belleville and District (September 21)
- Grimsby (September 21)
- Simcoe County (September 21)
- Waterloo Region (September 21)
- Carleton Place (September 21)
- Burlington (September 28)
- Lambton County (September 28)
- Oshawa (September 28)
- St. Marys (September 28)
- Brampton (September 28)
- Halton Region (September 28-29)
- St. Thomas (October 5)
- Lincoln (October 5)
- Oxford-Woodstock (October 5)
- Dutton Dunwich (October 20)
HOW TO PLAN YOUR TRIP
Go to Doors Open Ontario Site and choose the date you plan to go here. The sites open will be displayed.