I. Family Events & Activities
The St. Albert Kinsmen club is proud to host our the Rainmaker Rodeo and invite everybody to come down and visit us! This year brings hottest acts to the Concert stage, great marketplace, our awesome Midway and some of the best Cowboys and Cowgirls that ride here in Alberta! Details.
May 26 to 28, 2017
Kinsmen grounds, 47 Reil Drive, Saint Albert
$5 to $15
2. 7th annual Medieval May
Knights of the Northern Realm present Medieval May with a 14th century Fashion Show, Medieval History Displays, Tournament Combat, Period Dancing, Medieval Weapon demonstration, Medieval Market, and Silent Auction. Details.
Saturday, May 27, 2017 | 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
King Edward Community League, 7708 85 St NW, Edmonton
$5; Children under 5 free; Members of the King Edward Community League have free admission.
3. Horse Showcase
Experience the exciting world of horses! Geared for the kids, this fun event includes hands-on clinics like grooming, and tacking up, stick horse making and parade, Breed alley, horse back rides, carriage rides and demonstrations. Details.
Sunday, May 28, 2017 | 9:30 AM-3:30 PM
Fultonvale Outdoor Arena, 52029 Range Road 224, Sherwood Park
4. Namao 150 Canada Celebration
Saturday, May 27, 2017 | 11:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Namao, 24400 Highway 37, Sturgeon County
5. YMCA Healthy Kids Day
Spend the afternoon with your kids in a fun and safe environment, away from admission fees and add-ons. At our free event, kids can join in on group sports, participate in crafts and activities, and browse the many vendors that are coming out to support healthy, active kids in the community. Locations will have Jumpy Castle (not available in Grande Prairie) – Face-painting – Games – Prizes – Over 20 vendors, EACH offering a giveaway & prizes – and so much more… Details.
Sunday, May 28, 2017 | 12:00 PM to 03:00 PM
YMCAs of Edmonton
6. Butterfly Day
A fun-filled family event! Meet beautiful butterflies from around the world in our Tropical Showhouse. Make bug and butterfly crafts, catch some interesting creatures with our nature interpreters, and learn about the fascinating world of butterflies. Dress up as your favorite bug or butterfly and spend a wonderful spring day outdoors with the butterflies at the Garden. Details.
Sunday, May 28, 2017 | 12:00 PM to 03:00 PM
U of A Botanic Garden – 51227 Hwy 60, Parkland County
7. Malmo Pre-Kindergarten Spring Carnival
Join us for our preschool’s annual Spring Carnival! There will be bouncy castles, face painting, a food truck, lots of yummy treats and fun games. Everyone welcome. Details.
Saturday, May 27, 2017 | 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Malmo Community Hall
11525 48 Ave NW, Edmonton
II. Adult/ Youth Events
1. Live Music
For more details, see Live Music & concerts in Edmonton
1. The Faithful Music Master – Details
Friday, May 26, 2017 | 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM @ 8627 91st Street, Edmonton | Free
2. CFCW Listener Party featuring George Canyon with The Dungarees – Details
Saturday, May 27, 2017 | 7:30 PM @ River Cree Resort & Casino, Edmonton | $36.75
3. St.David’s Welsh Male Voice Choir – Details
Sunday, May 28, 2017 from 2 to 4 PM @ rinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 10014-81 Avenue, Edmonton | $15
4. Ray Charles Tribute Orchestra
May 26 – 27, 2017 | 8:00 PM @ Yardbird Suite, 11 Tommy Banks Way | $32
Saturday, May 27, 2017 | 8:00 PM @ Enmax Hall, Winspear Centre, Edmonton | $29 to $79
6. Journey – this concert takes you on a freeform journey between little-known Edmonton church venues along our city’s historic Church Street (96 St), ending up with a massed choir in the park.
Saturday, May 27, 2017 | 3:00 PM – 06:00 PM @ Sacred Heart Church of the First Peoples, 10821 96 St. | $10 to $20
7. Calgary Youth Orchestra
Sunday, May 28, 2017 | 7:00 PM @ Enmax Hall, Winspear Centre, Edmonton | $24
8. Heaven & Earth
May 27 to 28, 2017 @ Holy Trinity Anglican Church, 10037 84 Ave, Edmonton |$13 to $18
9. CUE School of Music presents Canada
Sunday, May 28, 2017 | 2:30 PM @ Telger Student Centre, Concordia University, 7128 Ada Blvd. |$15 to $20
10. Peter Brotzmann/Heather Leigh Duo
Sunday, May 28, 2017 | 8PM @ Yardbird Suite, 11 Tommy Banks Way, Edmonton | $28
2. Live Theatre
1.The Preacher, the Princess and a Crow: Jasper is a damaged soul living in the urban core. In fear of what he is capable of, he has imposed a state of exile upon himself. He lives alone, and has boarded himself in: in part to protect himself against external evils; in part to protect innocents from his own predatory potential. Details
May 17 to 27, 2017 @ Backstage Theatre, ATB Financial Arts Barns |$23 , plus applicable fees.
2. The Lady from the Sea: Ellida is consumed by her longing for the sea. Her land-locked marriage offers security, but a past love draws her like the tide. Inspired by a mythical Norwegian ballad of a woman lured from her family by a merman, Henrik Ibsen’s haunting and lyrical The Lady from the Sea is directed by MFA Directing candidate Michael Bradley. Details
May 18 – 27, 2017 | 7:30 PM @ Timms Centre for the Arts, University of Alberta, Edmonton | $5 to $25
3. The Salon of the Talking Turk. Stewart Lemoine’s effervescent comedy depicts the arrival of a charismatic automaton amongst Long Island high society in the 1920s. Mark Meer returns as the mechanical interloper, joined by Shannon Blanchet and Louise Lambert in fine flapper form, and Teatro newcomer Braydon Dowler-Coltman as an enterprising millionaire orphan. Details
May 25 to June 10, 2017 @ The Varscona Theatre, 10329 – 83 Avenue, Edmonton . | PWYC – $37
4. Jay Leno: Acclaimed TV late night show host, admired stand-up comedian, best-selling childrens book author, much-in-demand corporate speaker, lovable TV and movie voice-over artist, pioneering car builder and mechanic, and philanthropist its no wonder that Jay Leno is widely characterized as the hardest working man in show business. . Details
Friday, May 26, 2017 | 9:00 PM @ River Cree Resort & Casino, 300 East Lapotac Blvd, Enoch |$73.5 – $215.5
5.Concord Floral: Concord Floral is a million-square foot greenhouse located just above Highway 7 in Vaughan, Ontario. Abandoned for years, it is seen as a scourge by concerned parents in the nearby suburbs. But it is also a hangout and refuge for neighbourhood teens; a place all to themselves in which to throw parties, experiment, dream, dare, and come of age. Details
May 27 – 28, 2017 @ The Club – Citadel Theatre, Edmonton| $24
3. Opera NUOVA – Opera & Music Theatre Festival
Canada’s only summer opera festival. A collection of Mainstage Operas, Music Theatre and Enlightenment Events that breathe life into some of the greatest compositions of the vocal arts. Join us for a series of 9 concerts, 4 masterclasses and 4 main stage performances including Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Carousel”. Come and enjoy watching performances from some of Canada’s most advanced emerging artists! Details
Students: $15 – $20; Child (under 14): $10 – $20
4. Rainmaker Concert Series
May 26: Prism, Harlequin, Headpins, and more. On May 27: Brett Kissel, Jeremey Dallas, and more. Come join us Under The Big Top at the St. Albert Kinsmen Fair Grounds. Details
III. Sports & Related Events
IV. Exhibitions, Festivals & Other Events
You may like:Building + Beers with YEG Date Night on Tue, 23 May 2017 | 6:30 PM @ CRAFT Beer Market, Edmonton