Friday, June 2 – Sunday, June 4, 2017
I. Family Events & Activities
1.Northern Alberta International Children’s Festival
For over 35 years, the International Children’s Festival of the Arts has been a staple event for children and families across the region–educating, entertaining and inspiring thousands of kids each spring. The largest of its kind in North America, this top-notch, annual kids’ arts and culture extravaganza returns along the picturesque banks of the Sturgeon River in downtown St. Albert. Details.
Saturday, June 3, 2017 | 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sunday, June 4, 2017 | 11:00 AM. to 5:00 PM
St. Albert Place, 5 St. Anne Street, St. Albert
Free and ticketed events
2. Sprouts New Play Festival for Kids
Knights of the Northern Realm present Medieval May with a 14th century Fashion Show, Medieval History Displays, Tournament Combat, Period Dancing, Medieval Weapon demonstration, Medieval Market, and Silent Auction. Details.
June 3 & 4, 2017 | 02:00 PM
Westbury Theatre, ATB Financial Arts Barns
10330 84 Avenue, Edmonton
3. Farmers’ Days Rodeo and Exhibition
The Stony Plain-Kinsmen Farmers’ Days Rodeo and Exhibition is a three-day festival jointly planned by the Town of Stony Plain and the Stony Plain Kinsmen Club. The weekend event features a rodeo, midway with carnival games, and the Kids’ Korral, which includes a petting zoo, bounce room, and activities area. Details.
June 2 to 4, 2017
Stony Plain Heritage Park – Stony Plain
$ 5 to $15
4. Legacy Park Family Festival
Enjoy fun in the community and the arrival of our furry Sheep friends, celebrating 25 years in Fort Saskatchewan! The fantastic activities in the park this year include: Lots of Crafts like Bird House Building, Cupcake Decorating, Face Painting, mini hockey, a dunk tank, balloon animals, Glitter Tattoos, Inflatables to bounce in, a Petting Zoo with cute little animals to hang out with, and much more! Details.
Saturday, June 03, 2017 | 10:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Legacy Park, 100 Avenue and 101 Street, Fort Saskatchewan
5. Root for Trees
Saturday June 3, 2017 | 10:00 AM to 03:00 PM
Hermitage Park, 2115 Hermitage Road NW, Edmonton
6. Kurimoto Japanese Garden Spring Festival
Don’t miss this celebration of Japanese culture in a very special spring setting. Martial arts demonstrations, art displays and demos, music performances, children’s games and crafts, authentic Japanese Tea Ceremonies, Japanese food sampling, the Kita no Taiko drummers and more. Details.
Sunday, June 04, 2017 | 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
U of A Botanic Garden – 51227 Hwy 60, Parkland County
7. Canada 150 Rehab Med Family Fun Day
Join us for a FREE Family Fun Day, an opportunity for kids to learn about physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech-language pathology, enjoy the bouncy castle slide, face painting and balloon twisters, meet the University of Alberta mascots Guba and Patches and enjoy a free ice-cream sundae and t-shirt! PLUS, help us celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday by adding your hand print to our Canada 150 mural and sharing your photos with us for a chance to win! Details.
June 3, 2017 | 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Corbett Hall front lawn, 8205 – 114 Street
II. Adult/ Youth Events
1. Live Music
For more details, see Live Music & concerts in Edmonton
1. Nick Sherman – Details
Friday, June 2, 2017 | 7:30 – 9:30PM @ Capitol Theatre– Fort Edmonton Park | $22
2. Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone – Details
Saturday, June 03, 2017 | 8:00 PM @ Century Casino – 13103 Fort Road, Edmonton | $62.95
3. Ellen Doty
Friday June 2, 2017 | 8:00 PM @ Yardbird Suite, 11 Tommy Banks Way, Edmonton |$26 plus applicable fees.
4. The Best Is Yet to Come: Sinatra and Beyond
June 2 & 3, 2017 | 8:00 PM @ Enmax Hall, Winspear Centre, Edmonton | $39 to $93
5. Cosmopolitan Music Society
Sunday, June 4, 2017 | 7:30 PM @ Enmax Hall, Winspear Centre, Edmonton | $25.
2. Live Theatre
1. Shirley Valentine: Shirley’s a middle-aged Liverpool housewife, who finds herself talking to the wall while she prepares her husband’s chip’n’egg, wondering what happened to her life. She compares scenes in her current life with what she used to be like and feels she’s stagnated and in a rut. But when her best friend wins an all-expenses-paid vacation to Greece for two, Shirley begins to see the world, and herself, in a different light.Details
June 2 to 10, 2017 @ Backstage Theatre, ATB Financial Arts Barns |$22
2. The Salon of the Talking Turk. Stewart Lemoine’s effervescent comedy depicts the arrival of a charismatic automaton amongst Long Island high society in the 1920s. Mark Meer returns as the mechanical interloper, joined by Shannon Blanchet and Louise Lambert in fine flapper form, and Teatro newcomer Braydon Dowler-Coltman as an enterprising millionaire orphan. Details
May 25 to June 10, 2017 @ The Varscona Theatre, 10329 – 83 Avenue, Edmonton . | PWYC – $37
3. Opera NUOVA – Opera & Music Theatre Festival
Canada’s only summer opera festival. A collection of Mainstage Operas, Music Theatre and Enlightenment Events that breathe life into some of the greatest compositions of the vocal arts. Join us for a series of 9 concerts, 4 masterclasses and 4 main stage performances including Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Carousel”. Come and enjoy watching performances from some of Canada’s most advanced emerging artists! Details
Students: $15 – $20; Child (under 14): $10 – $20
Celebrating the creative voice of the next generation, Nextfest offers original encounters in theatre, dance, music, film, spoken word, visual art, multidisciplinary collaborations, and unforgettable artistic experiences. A powerful force in Edmonton’s festival season, Nextfest 2017 amplifies the voice of up and coming movers, shakers, makers, dreamers and activators. Details
III. Sports & Related Events
IV. Exhibitions, Festivals & Other Events