Treasure hunt games with large amounts of cash seem to be the rage now! You probably must have heard about the treasure hunt game that had city residents go on a treasure hunt in the cities of Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver, where $100,000 in real gold and silver was buried within city limits.
If you want to add a murder mystery component, then join for the ultimate real life combination of murder mystery & treasure hunt organised by Gold Rush Canada.
According to the organisers, half a million dollars will be buried in cities of Ottawa, Edmonton, Montreal, Calgary, Toronto, and Vancouver. The contest starts in Ottawa and the organisers are promising a minimum of $80,000 in the City of Ottawa.
HOW TO PLAY
- Buy treasure map which will be emailed you on the morning on the event date.
- Decode the map with the clues in the short film – “Who murdered the Boss” . Participants will move around the city to solve riddles/puzzles and discover clues that will lead them to the hidden cash treasure.
- Find the treasure before other 4999 contestants. Only 5000 maps per city will be released.
What: A combination of murder mystery & treasure hunt to find a combined total of 500K in various Canadian Cities.
Who: All ages but geared towards a 18+ audience. Parental discretion is advised.
How: Buy maps + see video and solve clues.
Map and bonus clues: $49
Where: Maps are released on
- Ottawa: July 27th
- Edmonton: Aug 10th
- Montreal & Calgary: Aug 17th
- Toronto & Vancouver: Aug 24th
For more information, see the website.