As Saskatchewan is officially in Phase 3 of the reopening plan, we can now enjoy various attractions and parks in and around Regina.
Here is a list of activities to enjoy in the Regina Area.
For online & drive-in/in-person and virtual events, see things to do this weekend in Regina.
1. Enjoy Nature Parks & Areas
- Pedestrian blue path around Wascana Lake is a one-way traffic route. Map
- Saskatchewan Provincial Parks are open. The beaches, playgrounds remain closed.
- National Parks and Historic Sites will be open from June 1
- Park spaces and pathways are open
2. Go Fishing
While Regina is far from the northern lakes in the province that are known to be excellent sport fishing destinations, there are still plenty of really great spots within a few hours of Regina.
3. Go Boating
Enjoy canoeing & kayaking in ponds, lakes & rivers. Boat launches at Provincial Parks (as ice conditions and normal operating conditions allow) will be open. Wascana Centre is open to enjoy canoeing or kayaking. You can rent a canoe from Wascana Canoe Kayak rentals.
4. Play Sports
- Regina has a number of multi-use pathways that you can take advantage of. Go walking, running, cycling, and more.
- Head to the beach to enjoy swimming and other fun activities.
- All City-owned golf courses; Book tee timesin advance.
- Challenge your sibling to a match as City tennis and pickleball courts.
- All indoor recreation facilities are closed.
- Playgrounds, skateboard parks, picnic sites and basketball courts, BMX park, Douglas Park Track will be open from June 12
- Regina’s spray parks are open
5. Watch a Movie
Drive-in Theatres are open in Saskatchewan. Watch a movie under the stars!
6. Enjoy a Quarantine Concert
There are many free concerts live-streamed every day. Check them out.
7. Enjoy Live Theatre from around the World
With COVID-19 pandemic forcing theatres to shut their doors, many performing art centres have taken to being open virtually.
8. Explore Canada or the World From Home
Explore Canada’s arctic, Winnipeg, National Parks and many more places from Home. Travel to international or outer space destinations like the international space station, discover Egypt’s Heritage Sites from tombs to monasteries or take a trip on scenic trains in Europe virtually.
9. Enjoy in Person Events
10. Explore Regina / Saskatchewan