Peterborough Historic Lift Lock Skating Trail is finally open for 2021 season.
The Trent Severn Waterway and the City Peterborough offer public skating on the canal at the Peterborough Liftlock every winter.
The Trent Severn Waterway canal, south of the Peterborough Lift Lock, opened for skating on February 1, 2021.
The city monitors ice conditions regularly. A flag is flown to indicate the status. A green flag indicates that ice conditions are safe and skating is permitted. A red flag indicates skating is not permitted.
You may like: Must Visit Outdoor Ice Skating Trails in Ontario
Guidelines for canal and outdoor rink use:
- Self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19. Stay home if you are sick.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 2 metres (6 feet) from those outside of your household.
- Do not gather in groups more than 5.
- Skating only – no sports or games.
- Wearing a mask or face covering is recommended.
- All children/dependents must be accompanied by a competent adult/guardian.
- Be safe and be respectful of others.
- Clean up after yourself.
- Wash or sanitize hands before and after visiting.
- Use at your own risk.
Starting Feb 1, 2021
You may like: