Where to Toboggan: If you can find a suitable hill covered with snow
with fairly decent slop (steeper for more excitement) clear of trees, rocks, fences and bare spots
no obstructions at the bottom (including trees), room at the bottom to stop (no roads)
you are all set to embrace old man winter…
City of Toronto (bylaw 608-22) prohibits tobogganing in 14 Toronto parks: Chorley Park, Winston Churchill Park, Lithuania Park, High Park (Hillside Gardens), Cashman Park (stone steps), Centennial Park (posted locations/north parking lot), Vyner Greenbelt, Earl Bales, Eglinton Park (southwest corner of park), Roding Park (hill adjacent to parking lot), Cearbrook Park, (southwest corner of the parking lot), Botany Hill Park, Fanfare Park, Rouge Park (Twyn River area).
Tobogganing is legally allowed at all of City of Toronto’s other parks (if you can find a suitable hill for your child or for you). Details
Similar restrictions are in place at Aurora (designated tobogganing locations) and Pickering. Before going out, make sure that you are aware of your city/town’s bylaw.
I. Tobogganing in City of Toronto
- Thomson Memorial Park, 1005 Brimley Rd, Scarborough
- L’Amoreaux Park South, Scarborough
- Milliken District Park
- Linus Park, 125 Seneca Hill Dr, Toronto
- Windfields Park, 120 Banbury Rd, Toronto
- East Lynn Park, 1949 Danforth Ave, Toronto
- Fairmount Park 1725 Gerrard St E, Toronto
- Greenwood Park, 150 Greenwood Ave, Toronto
- Withrow Park, 725 Logan Ave, Toronto
- Riverdale Park East, 550 Broadview Ave, Toronto
- Chorley Park, 245 Douglas Dr, Toronto
- Christie Pits Park, 750 Bloor St W, Toronto
- Bickford Park, 400 Grace St, Toronto
- Cedarvale Park, 443 Arlington Ave, Toronto
- Fairbank Memorial Park, 2213 Dufferin St, Toronto
- Pine Point Park, 4 Conan Rd, Toronto
- Esther Lorrie Park, Etobicoke
- High Park at Howard Park Avenue and Parkside Drive. Banned at Hillside Gardens.
- Colonel Sam Smith Park
II. Tobogganing in Durham Region
Prohibited to Toboggan at any park with the sign saying so.
Toboggan at Kinsmen Park, Pickering.
- Greenwood Conservation Area, 5th Concession Rd, Ajax
- Hill at Ajax Waterfront Trail, along Lake shore Drive East
- Paulynn Park, 1571 Ravenscroft Road
- Hy-Hope Farm, Ashburn:To warm up after a chilly day out on the toboggan hills,the farm has have hot chocolate, hot apple cider and coffee.
- Guthrie Park
- Otter Creek Park
- Pringle Creek Park
- Glen Hill Park
Darlington Provincial Park
III. Tobogganing in Region of York
- Milliken Mills Parks, 4277 14th Avenue(West side of the park, Kennedy Road and 14th Avenue)
- Paramount Park, East side of Paramount Drive, Between Fincham Avenue south to Church Street,Markham
- Milne Dam Conservation Park (Main Street & Hwy 7 ) – east end
- Mint Leaf Park (Fincham Avenue just East of Larkin )
Chapman Park, Hwy. 7 and Misty Moore Dr., Richmond Hill ( Hunter’s Point Park down into Chapman Park)
Only allowed at the following places Details
- Fleury Park: In the dedicated area just south of Aurora Heights Drive and the Aurora Community Centre Parking Lot
- Machell Park: In the dedicated area just north of the parking area on the west side of the park.
- Aurora Leisure Complex / Lambert Willson Park: Strictly in the dedicated area along the east side of the Complex Building.
- Copland Park: Strictly in the designated area along the north side of the park.
As per the Town – Residents and community members are reminded that Newmarket parks are not maintained for winter activities (skiing, tobogganing, snowboarding). Please take extra caution and use at your own risk.
Dennis Park, Cane Parkway & William Roe Blvd.
- Designated Tobogganing Hill of Vaughan – Hill at Uplands Golf Club, 46 Uplands Ave, Vaughan (Straw bales set up at the bottom of the run). Helmets Mandatory.
- Hill at Boyd Conservation Area, 8739 Islington Ave, Woodbridge
Hill adjacent to the Tube & Terrain Park – ROC, 26479 Civic Centre Rd, Georgina
Sharon Hill Park, at Colonel Wayling Blvd. and Maplehyrn Avenue.
Uxbridge Arena Hill, 291 Brock Street West, Uxbridge
IV. Tobogganing in Region of Peel
- Birchwood Park, 1075 Clarkson Rd. N
- Brookmede Park, 2254 Council Ring Rd.
- Castlegreen Meadows, 2829 Castlebridge Dr.
- Erindale Park, 1695 Dundas St. W
- Jack Darling Memorial Park, 1180 Lakeshore Rd. W
- Major Oaks Park, Williams Pkwy and Hwy. 410, Brampton
- Mount Chinguacousy
Albion Hills Conservation Area
V. Toboggan Hills in Halton Region
- Bronte Creek Provincial Park, 1219 Burloak Dr., Oakville
- Old Abbey Park, 1110 Old Abbey Lane, Oakville
- Appleby College, 540 Lakeshore Road West, Oakville (located on school grounds)
Designated safe places – Details
- LaSalle Park, east of the parking lot
- Tyandaga Golf Course, at hole No. 4, on west slope
- Central Park, the hill northwest of Community Garden
- Brant Hills Park, southwest of tennis courts
- Nelson Park, east side of park, north of Centennial Bike Path
- Lowville Park, the hill on southwest end of park
- Sixteen-Mile Creek, Commercial and Laurier
- Livingston Park, north side of Mill Pond
- Laurier Valley, corner of Commercial and Laurier
- Sir Donald Mann Park, Halton Hills
- Cedarvale Park, Halton Hills