Alberta has adopted aggressive measures to combat the rapid rate of spread of COVID-19 including suspending classes in schools, closing daycares, and closing Alberta Parks facilities.
All Alberta Parks’ recreation facilities, programs, events, and bookings are closed to the public and/or cancelled until May 1.
Alberta Parks remain accessible, but the public is prohibited from using Alberta Parks’ facilities. This includes toilets, campgrounds, and picnic and warm-up shelters.
- Parks Canada to Close All Visitor Services in National Parks
- 20 Places to Go Comfort Camping & Glamping in Alberta
Online campsite reservations remain open. Online camping reservations for Alberta Parksfor 2020 summer season opened on March 10.
Visitors Centres closed include:
- Barrier Lake Visitor Information Centre
- Canmore Nordic Centre Day Lodge
- Cypress Hills Visitor Centre
- Dinosaur Visitor Centre Learning Centre
- Hidden Valley Ski Resort
- Fish Creek – Bow Valley Ranch Visitor Centre
- Fish Creek Environmental Learning Centre
- Pocaterra Warming Hut at Peter Lougheed Provincial Park
- William Watson Lodge at Peter Lougheed Provincial Park
- Glenbow Ranch Visitor Centre
- Peter Lougheed Park Discovery & Information Centre
- Writing-on-Stone Visitor Centre
- Miquelon Park Centre Comfort Camping
- Sir Winston Churchill Provincial Park Comfort Camping
- Cypress Hills Provincial Park Comfort Camping Cabins
- Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation Day Use
- Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation
You may like: