Weekend events and festivals in and around Sudbury including festivals family activities, activities for kids, live music, performing arts & theatre and sports events.
Weekend Events: September 20 to 22, 2019
You may like:
I. Family Events and Festivals
International Plowing Match and Rural Expo
One of North America’s largest agricultural outdoor event! This five-day event features fun for everyone and a great opportunity to discover our great Northern Ontario community. There are plowing competitions, a range of activities for people of all ages, numerous opportunities to learn about agriculture, near-constant live entertainment in multiple Match venues, hundreds of vendors and exhibitors (large and small equipment, lifestyle items and much more), a wide variety of food … the list goes on.
Free BMO Kids Day on Saturday – Children (up to 15 years old) will be admitted to the IPM free of charge until 10:30 am on Saturday September 21. BMO will be serving free pancakes for children (and one adult per child) until 10:30 am. A variety of activities are lined up for children.
September 17 to 21, 2019 | 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Verner, West Nipissing
The IPM site is located off Highway 64 South as you exit Verner going towards Lavigne.
Shuttle from New Sudbury Centre, 1349 Lasalle Blvd, Sudbury
$20 each for adults (age 16 and older) and $5 each for children (ages 6 to 15) per day. Children age five and younger will be admitted free of charge.
You may like:
IMAX Movies at Science North
Watch movies at the only IMAX screen in Sudbury. Details
Science North, 100 Ramsey Lake Rd, Sudbury
$9.00 – $15.00 + Applicable charges
Turtle Odyssey 3D: Turtle Odyssey 3D Sea Turtles are some of Earth’s most ancient and majestic creatures. For over 100 million years, they have traversed the seas, surviving multiple mass extinctions and playing critical roles in maintaining healthy, marine food webs.
Oceans: Our Blue Planet: Oceans: Our Blue Planet takes us on a global odyssey to discover the largest and least explored habitat on earth. New ocean science and technology has allowed us to go further into the unknown than we ever thought possible.
Superpower Dogs 3D: Superpower Dogs 3D Join an immersive IMAX adventure to experience the life-saving superpowers and extraordinary bravery of some of the world’s most amazing dogs. In this inspiring true story, our best friends are also real-life superheroes. Journey around the globe to meet remarkable dogs who save lives and discover the powerful bond they share with their human partners.
Toy Story 4: Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the rest of the gang embark on a road trip with Bonnie and a new toy named Forky. The adventurous journey turns into an unexpected reunion as Woody’s slight detour leads him to his long-lost friend Bo Peep. As Woody and Bo discuss the old days, they soon start to realize that they’re worlds apart when it comes to what they want from life as a toy.
Explore: Have you ever wondered how our modern spacecraft can navigate quickly and accurately to Earth orbit and beyond? Find out in EXPLORE, a story of humanity’s fascination with the stars — from ancient stargazers and astrologers to the breakthrough discoveries of Nicolaus Copernicus and Johannes Kepler. Today’s explorers depend on Kepler’s genius for our quest to explore Mars and our neighbours in space.
II.Live Music, Theatre & Other Performing Arts
Dinner & Show With the Carlos Bernardo Trio
The Motley Kitchen’s Dinner & Show series kicks off its fifth season on Friday, September 20 with Paris-based, Brazilian guitarist, multi-instrumentalist and composer, Carlos Bernardo, performing in a trio featuring Sudbury’s own Jack Broumpton on drums and North Bay’s Ryan Rogers on bass. Carlos is a jazz/world fusion artist whose career is living proof that music is a universal language. Details
Friday, September 20, 2019 | 6:30 PM
The Motley Kitchen, 70 Young Street, Sudbury
Dinner and entertainment: $60/seat, or entertainment only: $25/seat
- The Dazed on Friday, September 20, 2019 at 9:30 PM @ The Alibi Room, 113 Durham Street, Greater Sudbury
- The Dazed on Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 10:00 PM @ Red Fang Tavern, 78 Durham Street, Greater Sudbury
- Fantera – Tribute From Hell on Friday, September 20, 2019 at 9:00 PM @ The Asylum Sudbury, 19 Regent Street, Sudbury
- Real Sickies, The Metis live on Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 9:00 PM @ The Asylum Sudbury, 19 Regent Street, Sudbury
- Duncan Cameron Live on Friday, September 20, 2019 at 8:00 PM @ Fromagerie Elgin, 80 Elgin Street, Sudbury
- Johnny 2 Fingers w/Perpetual War Machine & Like A Girl on Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 8:00 PM @ The Townehouse Tavern, 206 Elgin St, Sudbury
- The Canadian Stomper Son of Stompin’ Tom on Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 6:00 PM @ The Coulson Nightclub, 52 Larch Street, Sudbury
- Noah Derksen on Friday, September 20, 2019 at 9:30 PM @ little Montreal Bar & Deli, 182 Elgin Street, Sudbury
- ELVIS concert with tribute artist Sylvain Leduc on Friday, September 20, 2019 at 8:00 PM @ Caruso Club – Società Caruso, 385 Haig Street, Sudbury
- Johnny Rock on Friday, September 20, 2019 at 8:00 PM @ Taphouse Northern Grill + Pub, 1500 Regent St, Sudbury
III. Other Events & Festivals
Cinéfest Sudbury International Film Festival
Take in a week’s worth on films by talented filmmakers and producers at Cinéfest Sudbury International Film Festival.
Currently screening approximately 135 films, including full-length features, shorts, documentaries and animation, Cinéfest Sudbury provides cinephiles with first-class film works and industry discourse each September.
September 14 – 22, 2019
Various Venues, Sudbury
$15.00 & up
The Sudbury Market
Get your fair share of fresh air, wholesome foods, unique locally made products, meet local farmers, crafters, artisans, food vendors, and entertainers. Details
Saturdays until October 26, 2019 at 8:00 AM
CP/Via Rail Train Station – 233 Elgin St, Sudbury