The cool air of autumn heralds a time of country harvests, crunching leaves, and soothing drinks! There are plenty of fun fall activities to get you outside and here are 10 awesome Fall activities in Ontario!
1. Leaf Peeping
It’s the season for leaf peeping! Whether you plan a trip to Algonquin park or nearby Ontario Parks/ conservation areas, do not miss the spectacular art of Mother Nature! Hike, cruise, ride the rails or take a road trip to watch the leaves change colour and become a riot of yellows, oranges, and reds.
2. Fall Fairs
Fall is the time for fun and frolic across Ontario at Fall Fairs held by Ontario’s agricultural societies. See prized produce, pick up a few artisan crafts and gifts for the fall table and enjoy the thrill of amusement rides!
3. Cranberry Harvest
Turkey Dinners and Cranberry Sauce!! Visit Cranberry Marsh and take part in an experience that is unique in Northern America!! See how 27 acres of marsh that produce around 300,000-400,000 lbs of cranberries are harvested!
September 23 to October 31, 2017 | 09:00 AM to 06:00 PM Daily @ Johnston’s Cranberry Marsh, 1074 Cranberry Road, Bala | Free Admission
Bala Cranberry Festival
Celebrate the harvest of the cranberry with family and friends, entertainment, bazaar, juried arts and crafts, tours of two cranberry marshes and much more!
Friday, October 13 to Sunday, October 15, 2017 @ Various Venues, Bala | $10
4. Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest
Perhaps, no Fall festival in Ontario is as famous as Canada’s Greatest Bavarian Festival! Enjoy floats, performers and bands in Canada’s largest Thanksgiving Day Parade, stop by Willkommen Platz for tasty treats and live entertainment and more this Fall! Details
October 6 to 14, 2017 @ Various Venues, KW Region
1. Pumpkinferno at Upper Canada Village
Take a tour through this spectacular outdoor art exhibit of 7,000 handcrafted pumpkins all lit at night along a kilometer long path in a picturesque 19th century backdrop. This mesmerizing installation of artist-inspired, glowing pumpkins is a not-to-be-missed event for ALL ages! Website
September 29 to October 29, 2017 @ Upper Canada Village, Village Rd, Morrisburg | Regular Admission
2. Pumpkinferno at Discovery Harbour
See amazing carved pumpkins in larger than life forms, fun activities for the family and the Terror Zone awaits! Website
Thursday-Sunday, September 28 to October 29 and October 30, 2017 | 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM @ 93 Jury Dr, Penetanguishene | $8.00 per person with a non-perishable food item,
Under 5, FREE
6. Ball’s Falls Thanksgiving Festival
October 6 to 9, 2017 @ Ball’s Falls Conservation area, 3292 Sixth Avenue, Lincoln | $4 – $6
7. Trip to Sault Ste. Marie
Plan a train ride on Algoma Canyon Train, enjoy vibrant fall colours and various sights of the region. Take a seat as Canadian and International musicians invade Algoma and see an exhibition of over 20 pieces from the Permanent Collection of The Art Gallery of Algoma of Canada’s Iconic Group of Seven and their contemporaries.
Algoma Fall Festival: October 05 to 28, 2017
8. Magnificence of Chaudière Falls
Visit Ottawa to enjoy this special display that pays a powerful tribute to Indigenous people. An ambient lighting display will illuminate the Chudierre Falls and accompanied by a rich soundscape, the experience will evoke the culture of Indigenous people and in particular highlight the Algonquin heritage of the region. Details
October 6 – November 5 @ Chudierre Falls, Ottawa
9. Owen Sound Salmon Celebration
Visit Owen Sound and watch the salmon spawning in their natural habitat, in streams and rushing rivers, migrating upstream to lay their eggs in the shallows before winter settles in. Details
10. Ontario Farms
Take a hayride, get a perfectly shaped pumpkin for Jack O’ Lantern, pick apples, get the best produce for your Thanksgiving Table, Fall dinners and preserves for Christmas, by visiting an Ontario Farm or Farmers Market near you!
Guided Tours (ADVERTISEMENT)
- 3-Day Bus Tour to Sudbury, Sault Ste. Marie, Agawa Canyon and Gravenhurst
- Description:Enjoy one of the best fall foliage tours in North America with a 3-day Canada tour to Sudbury, Sault St. Marie, Agawa Canyon, and Gravenhurst from Toronto!
- Price: $245.00
- 5-Day East Canada Maples Tour: Toronto - Ottawa - Montreal - Quebec
- Description:Join our 5-Day East Canada Maples Tour to visit Thousand Islands, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec and Niagara Falls!
- Price: $498.00
- 6-Day East Canada Maples Tour: Toronto - Ottawa - Montreal - Quebec
- Description:Join our 6-Day East Canada Maples Tour to visit Thousand Islands, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec and Niagara Falls!
- Price: $628.00
- 7-Day East Canada Maples Tour: Toronto - Montreal - Mont Tremblant - Quebec
- Description:Join one of the best fall foliage tours to visit Mont Tremblant, Thousand Island, Niagara Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Quebec on a 7-Day Canada tour!
- Price: $748.00
- Fall Colors Air Tour in Niagara
- Description:Air Tours
- Price: $198.54
- 3-Day Agawa Canyon Railway & Algonquin Park Fall Foliage Tour
- Description:Discover the colorful parks and forests of Canada with a scenic fall foliage tour to Agawa Canyon and Algonquin Park from Toronto.
- Price: $240.00
- 5-Day Bus Tour to Sudbury, Sault Ste. Marie, Agawa Canyon, Gravenhurst and Niagara Falls
- Description:Join 5-Days Bus Tour to visit Sudbury, Sault Ste. Marie, Kingston, Agawa Canyon, Gravenhurst and Niagara Falls!
- Price: $548.00
- 6-Day Bus tour to Toronto, Sudbury, Sault Ste. Marie, Agawa Canyon, Gravenhurst and Niagara Falls
- Description:Join one of the best fall foliage tours with a 6-day Canada tour that includes a trip to the thundering Niagara Falls!
- Price: $678.00
- 7-Day Bus Tour to Toronto, Sudbury, Sault Ste. Marie, Agawa Canyon, Bethune Memorial House and Niagara Falls
- Description:Join a fall foliage tour through Canada to visit Toronto, Sudbury, Sault Ste. Marie, Agawa Canyon, Bethune Memorial House and Niagara Falls!
- Price: $798.00
- 9-Day East Canada Maples Tour: Toronto, Sudbury, Sault Ste. Marie, Agawa Canyon, Montreal and Quebec
- Description:Come and enjoy the great views of east Canada maples. Visit Toronto, Sudbury, Sault Ste. Marie, Agawa Canyon, Montreal, Quebec, Thousand Islands and Niagara Falls!
- Price: $969.00
- 1000 Islands Two Castle Explorer Cruise
- Description:Day Cruises
- Price: $39.70
- Heart of the 1000 Islands Lunch Cruise
- Description:Lunch Cruises
- Price: $53.27
- Kingston Discovery Sightseeing Cruise
- Description:Day Cruises
- Price: $24.69
- 1000 Islands Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Description:Dinner Cruises
- Price: $65.83
- Ultimate Thousand Islands Helicopter Tour
- Description:Helicopter Tours
- Price: $400.15
- Thousand Island Helicopter Tour Including Boldt and Singer Castles
- Description:Helicopter Tours
- Price: $203.63