The city of Calgary has set up small fire pits in various parks so that Calgarians can reserve them for a safe outdoor gathering with their bubble.
The firepits are free to use and are available from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekdays and weekends. Calgarians can reserve them from 12-3 p.m., 4-6 p.m. and 7-9 p.m.
If you reserve a fire pit, you pick up free firewood from Inglewood Bird Sanctuary by showing your permit. You can also bring your own firewood. You are not allowed to burn twigs, fallen branches, pinecones or other materials found in the park, wood that is painted, treated or contains glue or resin, wood from a different location, region or province, elm wood, wet or green/fresh cut wood, yard waste (cut grass or leaves), garbage, rubber or plastic, furniture, fireworks or other incendiary devices.
Firepits available for reservation:
- Collingwood Off-leash Park – 1823 John Laurie Boulevard N.W., Calgary
- Country Hills Park – 529 Country Hills Drive N.W., Calgary
- Crescent Heights Park – 201 2nd Street N.W., Calgary
- Hillhurst – Riley Park – 800 12th Street N.W., Calgary
- Sunnyside – 625 3rd Avenue N.W., Calgary
- Big Marlborough Park – 6021 Madigan Drive N.E., Calgary
- Bridgeland Plaza – 912 General Avenue N.E., Calgary
- Taradale – Manmeet Singh Bhullar Park – 7306 64th Avenue N.E., Calgary
- Spruce Cliff – Cedar Crescent Park – 411 Cedar Crescent S., Calgary
- Evergreen Park – 1611 Evergreen Drive S.W., Calgary
- Meadowlark Park 0 20 MacKay Drive S.W., Calgary
- Copperfield Park – 41 Copperfield Pt. S.E., Calgary
- Bowness Park – 8900 48 Ave. N.W., Calgary
- Shouldice Park 4900 Monserrat Dr. N.W., Calgary
- Prairie Winds Park – 223 Castleridge Blvd. N.E., Calgary
- Edworthy Park – 5050 Spruce Dr. S.W., Calgary
- North Glenmore Park – 7305 Crowchild Tr. S.W., Calgary
- South Glenmore Park – 90 Ave. & 24 St. S.W., Calgary
- Sandy Beach – 4500 14A St. S.W., Calgary
- Stanley Park – 4011 1A St. S.W., Calgary
Pickup firewood from:
Inglewood Bird Sanctuary, 2425 9 Ave. S.E., Calgary
OPEN Thu.-Sat.: Noon-4 p.m.
CLOSED Sun.-Wed.; Dec. 24-27, Dec. 31 and Jan. 1
- Firepits available 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays and weekends
- Bookable from 12-3 p.m., 4-6 p.m. and 7-9 p.m.
- Firewood is available from November 28, 2020.
How to Reserve:
Apply for a free permit online using Greenspace Application Form (choose “Fire Pit”).