The city of Calgary introduced reservable fire pits in various parks last fall so that Calgarians can reserve them for a safe outdoor gathering with their bubble.
The city has reopened the pilot program once again for this spring and summer.
The fire pits are available from May 14 to October 11, 2021, and are free to use from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekdays and weekends. A minimum 5-day advanced booking is required. Currently, firepits are available at eighteen parks.
You will have to bring your own firewood. You are not allowed to burn twigs, fallen branches, pinecones or other materials found in the park, wood that is painted, treated or contains glue or resin, wood from a different location, region or province, elmwood, wet or green/fresh-cut wood, yard waste (cut grass or leaves), garbage, rubber or plastic, furniture, fireworks or other incendiary devices.
Firepits are subject to local fire bans and all current public health orders including mandatory physical distancing.
Locations of Firepits available for reservation:
Northwest Calgary Parks
- Crescent Heights, 1101 – 2 St NW
- Hillhurst – Riley Park, 800 – 12 St. N.W.
- Kincora – Symons Valley Park, 465 Kincora Glen Rd. N.W.
- Mount Pleasant – Confederation Park, 905 – 30 Ave. N.W.
- Sherwood Park, 660 Sherwood Blvd. N.W.
- West Confederation Park (formerly Canmore Park), 2836 Canmore Rd. N.W.
Northeast Calgary Parks
- Big Marlbourough Park, 6021 Madigan Dr NE
- Bridgeland Plaza, 912 General Ave. N.E.
- Mayland Heights, 320 – 19 St. N.E.
- Westwinds – Prairie Winds Park, , 223 Castleridge Blvd. N.E.
Southwest Calgary Parks
- Bankview – Buckmaster Park, 1629 – 21 Ave. S.W.
- Beltline – Thomson Family Park , 1236-16 AV SW
- Parkhill – Stanley Park, 330 – 42 Ave SW
- Spruce Cliff – Cedar Crescent Park, 411 Cedar Cr. S.W.
Southeast Calgary Parks
- Inglewood – Mills Park, 1508 – 9 Ave. S.E.
- Copperfield Park, 41 Copperfield Pt. S.E.
- New Brighton Regional Park, 1012 New Brighton Dr. S.E.
- Deer Ridge Park, 60 Deerpath Rd. S.E.
How to Reserve:
The firepits are available from May 14 to October 11, and is free to use from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekdays and weekends. A minimum 5-day advanced booking online is required.
To cancel your permit, email email@example.com.