Durham Region Health Department announced April 23rd that it will start operating walk-in and rotating pop-up hot spot clinics at various locations in the Ajax and Pickering hot spot postal code areas of L1T, L1V, L1X and L1Z in addition to the fixed L1S pop-up hot spot clinic located at Ajax Community Centre. On May 17th, postal code L1L was added to the list of hot spots. Booking opens on May 17 at 9 p.m for this group.
Durham Health Unit has a standby list for COVID-19 vaccines. You can register if you are eligible for a first or second dose and able to get to a vaccine clinic within 20 minutes of being called between 7:30 and 8:30 p.m.
New Schedule by the province
- As of Monday, June 21, 2021 at 8:00 a.m., all Ontarians who received their first dose of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine on or before May 9, 2021 will be eligible to book or rebook their second dose appointment at a shortened interval.
- As of Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 8:00 a.m., individuals who received their first dose of an mRNA vaccine on or before May 30, 2021 and who live in the catchment area of one of the 10 public health units identified as Delta hot spots (Durham, Halton, Hamilton, Peel, Porcupine, Simcoe-Muskoka, Toronto, Waterloo, Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph, and York public health units) will be eligible to book or rebook their second dose appointment at a shortened interval.
- Starting the week of June 28, 2021 (days / sequence to be confirmed) all Ontarians aged 18 and over who have received their first dose of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine will be eligible to book their second dose appointment. The appointment will be scheduled at least 28 days after the first dose, per the recommended interval.
Second Dose Vaccine Appointments
Beginning June 21 at 8 a.m., Durham Region residents 18-years and older who received a first dose of either Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, will be eligible to reschedule for an earlier second dose appointment at area mass immunization clinics, based on vaccine availability.
For residents who received Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, second dose appointments can only be rebooked at a minimum of 28 days after the first dose was administered. Second dose appointments can be rebooked online or by contacting the call centre booking line at 1-888-444-5113.
12+ COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics in Durham Region
1. 12+ Mass Vaccination Clinics
- Audley Recreation Centre, 1955 Audley Road North, Ajax
- Uxbridge Arena, 291 Brock Street West, Uxbridge
- Scugog Arena, 1655 Reach Street, Port Perry
- Rick MacLeish Memorial Community Centre Arena, 91 Elliot Street, Cannington
- The Garnet B. Rickard Recreation Complex, 2440 Durham Regional Hwy. 2, Bowmanville
- Chestnut Hill Developments Recreation Complex Arena, (entrance at back of building) – formerly known as Pickering Recreation Complex, 1867 Valley Farm Road, Pickering
- Ontario Tech Campus Ice Centre, 200 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa
- McKinney Centre, 222 McKinney Drive, Whitby
How to Book: Call 1-888-444-5113 or book using the Durham region site.
To book an appointment for the Oshawa (Ontario Tech Campus Ice) location, visit covidvaccine.lh.ca or call 905-721-4828.
2. Pop-Up Walk-in Vaccine Clinics for 12+
- Open to all Durham residents 12-17 yrs old & unimmunized family members. 1st dose only on June 17 & 18, 12pm–8pm at Diane Hamre Rec Complex, 1780 Rudell Rd, Newcastle.
- Open to all Durham residents 12-17 years old and their unimmunized family members. 1st dose only. on June 18 & 19, 9am – 6:30pm at Pierre Elliott Trudeau PS, 1111 Beatrice St. E, Oshawa.
3. Fixed Location Clinic for 12+ residents in L1L:
Who: Individuals 12 years of age and older (must be 12 years of age at time of the appointment) and who live or work in L1L
When: Every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. until May 28
Where: Ontario Tech Campus Ice Centre clinic , 2200 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, ON L1H 7K4
How to Book:covidvaccine.lh.ca or by calling 905-721-4828