The government of New Brunswick has announced that the Explore NB Travel Incentive program will be extended to visitors from the Atlantic provinces starting July 1, when the reopening of the provincial borders allows.
The Explore NB Travel Incentive Program was introduced last year to encourage New Brunswickers to travel within their own province last year.
What is Explore NB Travel Incentive program:
The Explore NB Travel Incentive program provides a 20 per cent rebate on eligible expenses of up to $1,000 that are made while making an overnight stay in New Brunswick.
The incentive program allows Atlantic Canadians to claim up to $1,000 of eligible expenses for a maximum refund of 20% ($200).
Travel can take place between May 27 and Oct. 31 and applications will be open from July 5 to Nov. 30.
A paid overnight stay at an eligible accommodation is mandatory. Any New Brunswick accommodation listed on the sites listed below will be eligible:
- Other recognized accommodation sites.
Categories of eligible expenses in New Brunswick:
- Accommodations (such as hotels, motels, inns, B&Bs and campsites);
- Food and drink (such as restaurants and food trucks);
- Activities (such as entrance fees to attractions, museums, art galleries, cultural events and outdoor adventure activities); and
travel (such as vehicle rentals, ferries and parking).
- Atlantic Canadians may apply for the 20 per cent rebate on eligible expenses up to $1,000.
Who is Eligible for Travel Rebates – Explore NB Travel Incentive Program
- Adults (aged 19 or over at the time of the travel) who are Atlantic Canadian residents.
- Have valid, original and detailed receipts from registered New Brunswick businesses; and
- Have a paid overnight stay at a New Brunswick accommodation.
- The eligible time for incurring expenses is from May 27th – October 31st, 2021
How to Apply for Explore NB Travel Incentive Program
- Applications can be received any time from July 5 – November 30, 2021.
- Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, starting July 5th.
- The online application portal will be available on the website on July 5th, 2021 at 8:30 a.m.
- Multiple applications will be accepted from one applicant, but the maximum rebate for any one individual remains at $200.