During Christmas time, PEI is covered in lights and snow that you can see for miles. Take a break from the holiday stress, and relax at one of the great hotels and resorts PEI has to offer. If you are travelling to the Island this holiday season, here are seven wonderful getaway options for you.
1. Digital Detox at the Great GeorgeTake a vacation you won’t need a vacation from. Is it time for you to disconnect from our hyper-connected world for a weekend? Leave your phone tablet, and computer safely at the Great George front desk for the night. It is one night away from all the notifications, checking emails, replying to text and scrolling endless on social media. Enjoy a sumptuous dinner at one of their great restaurants, relax with breakfast in bed the next morning and check-out late at noon. You may not want your devices back after enjoying a night of digital detox.
Until January 2020
58 Great George Street, Charlottetown
2. Brewery Tour Package with The Hotel on Pownal
The microbrewery scene on Prince Edward Island has taken off in the last few years. It seems like there is a new one opening its doors every year. Tour PEI Brewing Company and sample what they have to offer before heading to your room where there is a four pack of PEIBC brews to enjoy. The package also comes with a $50 gift card to any Murphy Hospitality Group restaurant including The Gahan House. Start the morning with the Deluxe Continental Breakfast. Don’t worry about and early check out time as the package comes with a late check out to help with any Post Refreshment Syndrome.
The Hotel on Pownal, 146 Pownal Street, Charlottetown
3. Downtown Dollars at the Rodd Hotel
Stay in the beautiful downtown Charlottetown and explore what the area has to offer. The package comes with $50 Downtown Dollars, which can be used at over 100 locations around Downtown Charlottetown. After exploring and doing some shopping, relax in your spacious room for the night. Get a jump start to your day with a delicious breakfast at the Rodd.
Rodd Charlottetown, 75 Kent Street, Charlottetown
4. The Holman Grand Room for RomanceSnuggle up and get cozy with your special someone at the Holman Grand Hotel with their Room for Romance. Enjoy a relaxing escape in one of the spacious guest rooms. When you head to your room, you will find chocolates and a bottle of fine wine to share. Head down to the Redwater Rustic Grille for an amazing meal with the $50 gift certificate included in the package. Don’t worry about getting up early because you have a late check out time.
The Holman Grand, 123 Grafton Street, Charlottetown
5. Spa Getaway at Mill River Resort
The Holidays can be super stressful with the shopping, meal prep, and travelling that can be involved. Take some time and relax at one of PEI’s best resorts. Relax with a customized facial, aromatic massage, pedicure and a treatment enhancement for you to pick from. Stay in one of Mill River’s rooms to getaway from the stress for a night. If you need more relaxing spa time, they also have spa packages you can add on to the Spa Getaway package to melt away your holiday stress.
Mill River Resort, 180 Mill River Resort Road, Woodstock
6. New Year’s Celebration Getaway
Ring in the New Year at the beautiful Briarcliffe Inn. Enjoy an early check-in, a special five course meal with wine and champagne. Start the day with a special New Year’s Day Breakfast. If you need more relaxation, you can extend your stay for another day.
Briarcliffe Inn, 274 Salutation Cove Road, Bedeque
$275 per couple
7. A Taste of the Island
Foodies will love this resort package. Relax the Gables while taking one-of-a-kind hands-on culinary experiences at The Table Culinary Studio. The class of 6 to 10 people allows you to learn about Island food and how Island dishes are made.
10 Schoolhouse Lane, Stanley Bridge
From $310 per couple