About Sunshine Village, Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada
Located in Banff National Park, Sunshine village is one of the three ski resorts in the Banff National Park. With an annual snow fall of about 9 m, snow ‘packing’ happens only during the start of the season. It has 12 lifts including high speed gondolas and 2 magic carpets.
Of the total ski terrain spread over Goat’s eye Mountain,Lookout Mountain and Mount Standish, beginner terrain is 20%, intermediate terrain is 55% and Expert terrain 25%. Delirium Dive and Wild West, Canada’s most difficult terrains, is in Sunshine village and requires the skier to carry avalanche transceiver, shovel,collapsible avalanche probes and should have a partner.
What to do at Sunshine Village ?
Things to do at Sunshine Village
1. Ski at any terrain of your choosing –Sunshine Village Trail maps.
2. Ski or snowboard at the Rogers terrain park which can be accessed via the Continental Divide chair lift, on Lookout Mountain, the Angel Express.
3. Snowshoe : Go on guided snowshoeing above the tree line.(by White Mountain Adventure and 48 hours advance reservation required- see website for dress code and other details)
4. Go on free tour of the mountain with Snow hosts to explore the ski area.
5. Learn Skiing & Snowboarding at Ski & Snowboard School.
6. Participate in one of the many events held in the resort like Slush cup.
7. If you don’t ski or snowboard, get a sightseeing ticket and experience 360 degree winter scenery views in Canadian Rockies.
Sunshine Village in summer
How much to enjoy Sunshine Village ?
Admission/fees Sunshine Village
2018 Regular Priced Lift Tickets
Tiny Tiger (5 and under): Free
Sightseeing:$29 to $44
For more details about season passes, multiday tickets, see the website.
You may like: Attractions in Banff National Park
Coupons & Discount Deals for Sunshine Village
AMA offers reduced rates for lift tickets for its members.
Rates – Snowshoeing at Sunshine Village/Meadows –
$95 per person plus tax (no child price available). Inclusive of Professional hiking guide, snowshoes, trekking poles, Gondola & chair lift ticket, hot chocolate & snacks. Transportation from Banff is included on scheduled trips.
When to visit Sunshine Village ?
Sunshine Village Ski Hours / timing
- Early November to May (Weather dependent)
Sunshine Village Gondola Hours
Saturday – Thursday | 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday | 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Sunshine Village Chair Lift Hours
Winter months | 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Spring months | 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Sunshine Village Base Area Services (during season)
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. every day during the ski and snowboard season.
Who all can go to Sunshine Village ?
Everybody. Child care available for young ones.
Snowshoeing : 12+
How to get to Sunshine Village?
Sunshine Village Location/directions
Take exit toward Sunshine from Trans Canada Highway, travel onto Range Rd 130A/ sunshine road. Travel on sunshine road for 8.5 km to reach the resort.
Free shuttle service with tri-area lift tickets.
Shuttle services from major Banff hotels to sunshine village – Dor schedules see the website.
Sunshine Coach picks up visitors from 4 locations in Calgary & 1 in Canmore. Reservation required. 403-241-0443
GPS : 51.111282,-115.780792
How long will it take to see/ski Sunshine Village ?
Depends on Interest – 2 hours to days.
Snow shoeing duration
Approx. 3 1/2 hours from the Sunshine Village Parking lot with an actual snowshoeing time of Approx. 2 – 2 1/2 hours.
What about Amenities, accessibility & parking?
Shops, & Restaurant.
Change area, washrooms, picnic area at Creekside building.
Onsite Lodging at Sunshine Mountain Lodge.