About Bow Habitat Station & Pearce Estate Park Calgary
Bow Habitat Station Calgary is made up of a visitor’s centre, the Sam Livingston Fish Hatchery, the Pearce Estate Interpretive Wetland, and the Kids Can Catch Trout Pond.
What to do at Bow Habitat Station?
Things to do at Bow Habitat Station & Pearce Estate Park.
- Learn about Alberta’s natural environment.
- See the movie in the theatre and be wiser about Alberta’s environment, wildlife and fish.
- Explore the fish displays and exhibits that emphasize the importance of Alberta’s wetlands, watersheds and water systems.
- Children can learn to fish in the trout fish pond. (Catch & Release. Bait Banned)
- Stroll along the scenic pathways through the Pearce Estate Park Interpretive Wetland and learn about boreal peatlands and prairie marshes.
- The station also offers birthday parties and summer camps. There is a small play area for children in the Estate park. The visit to the station is a good educational experience for kids and adults alike.
- Rent a snowshoe and explore the winter landscape.
How to get to Bow Habitat Station Calgary?
Bow Habitat Station is located in Calgary’s Pearce Estate Park(1440 17A St SE). This is a designated “Park and Bike”** lot, offering easy access to the City of Calgary regional pathway system.It is accessible by Calgary transit and located near route 1, stop 8827.
In DMS: 51° 2′ 32.4168″ N, -114° 1′ 3.2592″W
In DD : 51.042338,-114.017572
For directions, click the link above or use the map tab.
How long will it take to visit Bow Habitat Station?
Time Required to Visit Bow Habitat Station – Half an hour to two hours.
How much to visit Bow Habitat Station Calgary?
Bow Habitat Station AdmissionVisitor Centre:
Adult (18-64): $10.00; Senior (65+) /Student (with ID): $8.00
Youth (5-17): $6.00; Children(4-): Free; Family (2+2): $30.00
Trout Pond and the Interpretive Wetland are free of charge.
Fishing rod rentals: $5/rod
Snow shoe rentals: $7 per pair, plus GST
Check for coupons (20% off) in Calgaryattractions.com.
Entertainment Booklet Coupon : one free discovery centre admission when a second discovery centre admission of equal or greater value is purchased.
When to visit Bow Habitat Station ?
Tuesdays – Saturdays | 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM, Closed on Monday.
On Third Thursday of the month – till 08:00 PM
Sundays: July & August – 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM
Trout Pond: May 15 – October 31 | 05:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Interpretive Wetland : Daily, 05:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Holidays: Good Friday, Canada Day, Remembrance Day, January 1
Fish Feedings: Feed THOUSANDS of fish all at once!
Tuesdays – Fridays | 11:00 AM,Closed on Monday.
Saturdays & Sundays: | 11:00 PM / 03:00 PM
What about Bow Habitat Station Access, Amenities and Parking?
Free parking is available in the Pearce Estate lot next to Bow Habitat Station.
** – The City’s Park ‘N’ Bike sites are free parking lots located close to downtown along Calgary’s pathway system.
Play grounds for children in the park.
Picnic site rentals – here