About Ecosummer Expeditions, British Columbia
West coast trail hikes & Orca camp kayak tour vacations.
Feed your passion for adventure. Unleash your wild side. Have a whale of a time!
Our Orca Camp guided kayak trips and West Coast Trail hiking expeditions offer you so much more than an up-close-and-personal encounter with some of Canada’s most breathtaking scenery and iconic animals. Each offers an opportunity to get off the grid, to connect with your family or friends, to experience Canada’s pristine wilderness secure in the knowledge you have expert guides by your side.
Founded in 1976, Ecosummer is the original sea kayak tour operator and know the area best.
What to do at Ecosummer Expeditions?
Attractions & Things to do at Ecosummer Expeditions.
Whether you’re enthralled with Orcas, a budding photographer, a natural history lover, a parent looking for a great family trip, or a traveler seeking an active adventure, you’ll find an Ecosummer adventure that suited to your interests and abilities.
Join us on an Orca Camp kayaking with whales adventure, paddle along on a Coastal Pacific Wildlife Safari, hike BC’s legendary West Coast Trail, or snorkel with salmon on a Go Wild Wilderness Adventure hiking and kayaking tour. Our guided sea kayak and hiking tours promise small groups of no more than 10 people, yet unlimited adventure.
Who all will enjoy the expedition: All Ages / Family
When & How much to tour with Ecosummer Expeditions?
Ecosummer Expeditions Hours
We operate vacation tours between July and September of each year.
Depending on your choice of adventure, we have tours ranging from $1,000 up to $5,000.
• kayaking with whales – 4 days •
• kayaking with whales – 3 days •
• kayaking with whales – 6 days •
• go wild wilderness adventure •
• west coast trail •
• canada’s west coast wilderness safari •
• orca camp wildlife photography trip •
See here to book the tour and for pricing, dates and availability.
Mastercard, Visa, Cash accepted.
How to get to Ecosummer Expeditions?
Ecosummer Expeditions Location & Directions
Address: 1 Warden Beach, Port McNeill, Vancouver Island, Vancouver, BC.
Orca Camp’s Unrivalled Location:
More than 400 m (1,000 ft) of pristine, private beachfront – on the edge of a temperate coastal rainforest – at the mouth of the Robson Bight (Michael Biggs) Ecological Reserve – adjacent to Orca’s traditional feeding and breeding grounds – with its own natural, freshwater stream running through it – simply put, there is no better camp location anywhere on the Johnstone Strait for immediate and unfettered access to Orcas.
- What to do before and after Orca Camps – Here
Getting to Vancouver Island – find everything from schedules, routes and prices:
Parking is free.
What about amenities at Ecosummer Expeditions?
We take the work out of kayaking and camping, leaving you to concentrate on the wildlife, and capturing as many memories as you will photographs. An Ecosummer kayaking with Orcas adventure includes high-end camping and kayaking gear waiting for you right at base camp:
- Spacious tents for singles, couples and families in the rainforest, overlooking the bay
- Therma-rest and sleeping bags with liners and pillows
- Camp chairs to enjoy by the fire
- An outhouse with a full ocean view
- Double fibreglass kayaks
- Lightweight paddles
- Personal floatation devices (PFDs) made specifically for kayaking
- Paddling jackets and gloves
- Aqua socks or booties
- 25L dry bag for each kayak
- Spray skirts
- A cozy tent tucked into the rainforest is your personal retreat at the end of a day kayaking with Orcas. Spacious, waterproofed and outfitted with Therma-rests and sleeping bags, tent pads and pillows, you’ll have the kind of deep, restful sleep you can only have in the great outdoors.
- The Wobbly Bear Spa waits for you – right at the shore, full of hot rocks and steam, to soothe tired muscles at the end of the day.